[Q] Starting out, please guide me!

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
By Jetmerritt, Junior Member on 13th May 2014, 04:49 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Ok, I have a SGH-i317m. Originally from the Canadian carrier Rogers

I am having the wifi "authentication error", it works on other people's wifi, just not mine at home. GRR! tried messing around with all the router settings, etc to no avail.

I have been searching this site and going through all sorts of threads. Frankly, I'm overwhelmed. I have gotten as far as rooting my phone sucessfully, a buddy who was an experienced "rooter"? told me to use my carriers ROM. I flashed it with a Telus Rom and it works! Success so far using Odin.

I want the wifi fixed, I need it to be reliable as I use it for work and I am just starting with this modding and need to keep it simple.

Can someone please just lay out some basics for me to do? I just need a Rom I guess, I'd love Kit Kat, but 4.3 is fine. And whatever tools I need to install it. I can research the procedures, I don't need step by step.

I don't understand all the terminology yet. I was looking at a ROM that is de-knoxed and a bunch of stuff like that for better battery life, etc. But it's a 350 page thread. I don't have that kind of time.

Please help,

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread