Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] LTE won't connect to Google services, but WiFi will

OP joedajoester

13th May 2014, 04:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 48

402 posts
Today I realized that my LTE signal was orange in quick settings on cm11. Also, Google apps weren't working, play, hangouts, and even Instagram! However, if I connect to my WiFi the signal goes white and all apps work against. This problem usually happens on WiFi and a router reboot fixes it, but this time LTE is giving the problems. I am really stumped here. The problem came out of nowhere and I tried reinserting the Sim, flashing a new version of cm, and nandroiding an old working backup. This is pretty urgent sinse most apps are basically useless now when I'm not home. Also, 3g connects fine, just LTE doesn't. Once 3g connects to Google and turns white, switching to LTE keeps it white and apps will work. I'm all out of ideas here, someone please help
Last edited by joedajoester; 13th May 2014 at 04:49 AM.
13th May 2014, 04:52 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedajoester

Today I realized that my LTE signal was orange in quick settings on cm11. Also, Google apps weren't working, play, hangouts, and even Instagram! However, if I connect to my WiFi the signal goes white and all apps work against. This problem usually happens on WiFi and a router reboot fixes it, but this time LTE is giving the problems. I am really stumped here. The problem came out of nowhere and I tried reinserting the Sim, flashing a new version of cm, and nandroiding an old working backup. This is pretty urgent sinse most apps are basically useless now when I'm not home. Also, 3g connects fine, just LTE doesn't. Once 3g connects to Google and turns white, switching to LTE keeps it white and apps will work. I'm all out of ideas here, someone please help

I'm in the same boat. Except I wasn't on CM11. See here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2748991
13th May 2014, 05:02 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 48

402 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeydax

I'm in the same boat. Except I wasn't on CM11. See here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2748991

LTE works, just most apps don't load anything, and the signal shows orange in quick settings. You don't seem to have the same problem as me, right?
13th May 2014, 05:03 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedajoester

LTE works, just most apps don't load anything, and the signal shows orange in quick settings. You don't seem to have the same problem as me, right?

You're correct, my bad. I can get 3G no problem but cannot even get 4G to show up.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread