Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,262 Members 50,491 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Change GSM Circle Icon on ZVC

Tip us?

Pat123
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 103

DONATE TO ME
Default Change GSM Circle Icon on ZVC

I absolutely hated the circle GSM icon on my Sprint G2. It does not tell me whether I am on 3G or 2G. Have been trying hard to look for various solutions to change the icon back to E/3G/H+ including various build.prop mods which always caused systemui crashes. If anyone is interested in changing the circle GSM this, we now have a way to do it

Get the latest G2 Tweaksbox Beta from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=52546253

There is an option to change the Signal Icon Set. You need to have the paid version for that feature but I can confirm it works perfectly fine on ZVC. Just a heads up. I am in no way related to the developer, just wanted to share this with anyone else looking for this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pat123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Pat123
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 103

DONATE TO ME
False alarm. I got it to crash systemui after a while. I am going to work with developer and see if he can come up with a fix.

bykim5
Old
Thanks Meter 38
ro carrier spr and ro build operator TMO got me the 4g icon... no crashes

el_venga
Old
Thanks Meter 48
I changed both, ro carrier and ro operator to any other and I still get systemui fc. Tried TMO and my current carrier id.
For those who try this, if you get stuck in systemui fc loop, turn on airplane mode. That will stop it until you fix it.
Primary Phone: LG G2 CyanogenMod 11.
Tablet: Asus Nexus 7 ALL-F2FS Cyanogenmod 11.

Pat123
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 103

DONATE TO ME
The new beta of G2 Tweaksbox Xposed module fixes the crashes. Finally a way to change the GSM circle icon.
Currently running 2FacedROM on Sprint LG G2 (LS980)