Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,151 Members 51,009 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cannot get my phone to move past SAMSUNG logo after unroot.

Tip us?
 
wascapsfan
Old
#1  
wascapsfan's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 64
Posts: 382
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Atlanta
Default Cannot get my phone to move past SAMSUNG logo after unroot.

I did the SPH-L900 MK4 Full Restore, but it won't get past the Samsung logo.
It won't do the actual reboot to get started.
Regardless of what I try it refuses to go further.
Please give thoughts
Thanks
Dave
 
aarongillion63
Old
#2  
aarongillion63's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 106
Posts: 231
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Grand Rapids MI

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wascapsfan View Post
I did the SPH-L900 MK4 Full Restore, but it won't get past the Samsung logo.
It won't do the actual reboot to get started.
Regardless of what I try it refuses to go further.
Please give thoughts
Thanks
Dave
Yikes. What you missed, I believe, is that you had to uninstall/permanent-unroot SuperSU.

Hoping you have stock ROM, you can just flash stock ROM via Odin (download/flashing mode) and you won't even lose data. You NEED to have the correct file to flash tho. Search this Sprint N2 forum for Odin tar md5 files and you will also find a guide in there on how to flash.

Just to make sure, verify that your phone goes into download mode by battery pull> reinsert> hold down vol-down+home key> while holding those power on phone> your phone should be in download mode.

Hope this helps,

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to aarongillion63 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
CharliexCharger
Old
#3  
CharliexCharger's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 50
Posts: 132
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kansas City, MO
Be sure you cleared the cache as well. In the past whenever I've done a full restore I've had to clear the cache before an initial reboot. Without doing so I was also stuck at the Samsung screen.

Sent from my T0LTE using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to CharliexCharger For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
wascapsfan
Old
#4  
wascapsfan's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 64
Posts: 382
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharliexCharger View Post
Be sure you cleared the cache as well. In the past whenever I've done a full restore I've had to clear the cache before an initial reboot. Without doing so I was also stuck at the Samsung screen.

Sent from my T0LTE using XDA
I'm trying to make this work via odin. I used L900VPUBMK4_L900SPTBMK4.tar.md5 and it goes through the complete procedure successfully, but I'm still stuck at the SAMSUNG screen. I'm pretty certain that this is the correct tar file to unroot back to stock, but something still is not working.
 
wascapsfan
Old
(Last edited by wascapsfan; 11th May 2014 at 01:58 AM.)
#5  
wascapsfan's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 64
Posts: 382
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Atlanta
The little android was standing up with a revolving blue thing in his belly and all was successful. It rebooted and now I have SAMSUNG in the middle of my screen. It refuses to boot to the next screen.
When I put it into download mode after that (because it's not doing anything) the android is on his back with a triangle coming out of his belly.
It says E: failed to mount /efs (invalid argument) twice
# manual mode #
--Appling Multi-CSC...
Applied the CSC-code : unknown
Successfully applied multi-CSC
 
aarongillion63
Old
#6  
aarongillion63's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 106
Posts: 231
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Grand Rapids MI

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wascapsfan View Post
The little android was standing up with a revolving blue thing in his belly and all was successful. It rebooted and now I have SAMSUNG in the middle of my screen. It refuses to boot to the next screen.
When I put it into download mode after that (because it's not doing anything) the android is on his back with a triangle coming out of his belly.
It says E: failed to mount /efs (invalid argument) twice
# manual mode #
--Appling Multi-CSC...
Applied the CSC-code : unknown
Successfully applied multi-CSC
Ooh that's not good, like not good like really bad. Check out these threads:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2480314

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2658013

You may get lucky and get out of this, but you may need to resort to a JTAG.

Also make sure you're grabbing the files pertaining to your device, these guides are for other/multiple models.

All the best,

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to aarongillion63 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
wascapsfan
Old
#7  
wascapsfan's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 64
Posts: 382
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarongillion63 View Post
Ooh that's not good, like not good like really bad. Check out these threads:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2480314

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2658013

You may get lucky and get out of this, but you may need to resort to a JTAG.

Also make sure you're grabbing the files pertaining to your device, these guides are for other/multiple models.

All the best,

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using XDA Free mobile app
Thanks
 
samevo
Old
#8  
samevo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 72
Posts: 118
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Boise
I dunno for sure if this will fix your problem but yesterday I used billiards return to mc2 unrooted stock and after all was successful it started to boot but got stuck on the Samsung screen. So I manually booted into the stock recovery and did a factory data reset via stock recovery and then wiped cache. Rebooted and all was good. Manually booting into stock recovery requires phone to be off and you hold power home button and volume down just in case you don't know how to boot into recovery manually. Hope it helps good luck

Past phones: HTC Dash, HTC Evo 4g, HTC Evo 4g LTE, Samsung Galaxy s3
Current: Samsung Galaxy Note II

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes