[Q] Cant Backup by Ext memory

OP Sakthihari

12th May 2014, 09:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag coimbatore
Thanks Meter: 0

22 posts
More
I am using Link2Sd to Increase my internal memory.But when i tried to backup My ROM using CWM It says NO SD-EXT found. Pls Help
12th May 2014, 12:38 PM   |  #2  
Flag most likely in school
Thanks Meter: 131

431 posts
More
Link2SD only shifts your apps to the sdcard via /mnt/asec. SD-ext can only be made with a second partition.

Link2SD does not automatically make that 2nd partition for you. You have to partition your SD card via your PC or CWM.

Anyway, what's the point if you are using Link2SD only to shift apps? There isn't much to worry about.
12th May 2014, 03:45 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag coimbatore
Thanks Meter: 0

22 posts
More
Unhappy 2nd Partion
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRaven49

Link2SD only shifts your apps to the sdcard via /mnt/asec. SD-ext can only be made with a second partition.

Link2SD does not automatically make that 2nd partition for you. You have to partition your SD card via your PC or CWM.

Anyway, what's the point if you are using Link2SD only to shift apps? There isn't much to worry about.

I Have a FAT32 secondary partion and am using Link2SD to link the data,apk. But still in CWM it says no SD-EXT found.
13th May 2014, 09:24 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 362

956 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakthihari

I Have a FAT32 secondary partion and am using Link2SD to link the data,apk. But still in CWM it says no SD-EXT found.

Fat32 doesn't work. Try creating an ext partition as the second partition. Do post the result. Hope I Helped
The Following User Says Thank You to mahithm For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread