Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,698 Members 49,313 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cant Backup by Ext memory

Tip us?

Sakthihari
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Service [Q] Cant Backup by Ext memory

I am using Link2Sd to Increase my internal memory.But when i tried to backup My ROM using CWM It says NO SD-EXT found. Pls Help

NightRaven49
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Link2SD only shifts your apps to the sdcard via /mnt/asec. SD-ext can only be made with a second partition.

Link2SD does not automatically make that 2nd partition for you. You have to partition your SD card via your PC or CWM.

Anyway, what's the point if you are using Link2SD only to shift apps? There isn't much to worry about.
I am currently away to study for exams, so please do not PM me for anything.

<3 Aerith

Sakthihari
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy 2nd Partion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRaven49 View Post
Link2SD only shifts your apps to the sdcard via /mnt/asec. SD-ext can only be made with a second partition.

Link2SD does not automatically make that 2nd partition for you. You have to partition your SD card via your PC or CWM.

Anyway, what's the point if you are using Link2SD only to shift apps? There isn't much to worry about.

I Have a FAT32 secondary partion and am using Link2SD to link the data,apk. But still in CWM it says no SD-EXT found.

mahithm
Old
Thanks Meter 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakthihari View Post
I Have a FAT32 secondary partion and am using Link2SD to link the data,apk. But still in CWM it says no SD-EXT found.
Fat32 doesn't work. Try creating an ext partition as the second partition. Do post the result. Hope I Helped
HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU
The Following User Says Thank You to mahithm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]