Zoe-recordings stopped working in gallery

OP as0k

30th April 2014, 02:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gothenburg/Sweden
Thanks Meter: 16

146 posts
More
Yesterday after a reboot some of my zoe-recordings stopped working in gallery-app.
Also the thumbnail is all gray.

They are still working in the "Photos"-app though... And when I should attach a photo in tapatalk via gallery-app.

I had the same issue a month ago or so.
Anyone else had this issue?

Translation on last pic: "Cannot play video. Unfortunately this video can't be played."

I'm running ViperOne 6.1 (sense 6)
Last edited by as0k; 30th April 2014 at 02:53 PM.
30th April 2014, 04:43 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 3,127

6,298 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daff__

Yesterday after a reboot some of my zoe-recordings stopped working in gallery-app.
Also the thumbnail is all gray.

They are still working in the "Photos"-app though... And when I should attach a photo in tapatalk via gallery-app.

I had the same issue a month ago or so.
Anyone else had this issue?

Translation on last pic: "Cannot play video. Unfortunately this video can't be played."

I'm running ViperOne 6.1 (sense 6)

Haven't had that issue, but you could try clearing Data and Cache in the Gallery App
Settings -> Apps -> (scroll right to "All" Tab) look for "Gallery" and select clear data, clear cache

that should rebuild the thumbnails.
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd May 2014, 08:41 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gothenburg/Sweden

146 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71

Haven't had that issue, but you could try clearing Data and Cache in the Gallery App
Settings -> Apps -> (scroll right to "All" Tab) look for "Gallery" and select clear data, clear cache

that should rebuild the thumbnails.

Ok, but it won't delete photos when I clear data?
2nd May 2014, 01:47 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 3,127

6,298 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daff__

Ok, but it won't delete photos when I clear data?

No it doesn't delete the real photos, only the gallery's database... Imagine you uninstalled the Gallery app, and it would delete your pictures... or a Music app and it would delete all your music.... then HTC / Google would be hearing even more complaints

I do it from time to time (usually when dirty-flashing ROMs), and haven't lost any pictures, and when I open the Gallery app, it just takes a bit longer the first time, as it has to rebuild the database.
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th May 2014, 09:35 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gothenburg/Sweden

146 posts
More
I still havn't solved this problem. My videos seems to be broken now. I can't open them with any app, or on my computer.
Can this be because i uninstalled gallery-app once and reinstalled it from play, because i had a zoe-problem with ViperOne 6.0 rom?

I now use ViperOne 6.2 after a full wipe installation and i don't get this problems now with new recordnings, but my old recordnings are still broken as i said.

Anyone have clue how i can somehow fix my broken videos? Can i use some program on my computer like Vitrualdub or such?

Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread