Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,479 Members 47,982 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Zoe-recordings stopped working in gallery

Tip us?

as0k
Old
(Last edited by as0k; 30th April 2014 at 01:53 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default Zoe-recordings stopped working in gallery

Yesterday after a reboot some of my zoe-recordings stopped working in gallery-app.
Also the thumbnail is all gray.

They are still working in the "Photos"-app though... And when I should attach a photo in tapatalk via gallery-app.

I had the same issue a month ago or so.
Anyone else had this issue?

Translation on last pic: "Cannot play video. Unfortunately this video can't be played."

I'm running ViperOne 6.1 (sense 6)

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2699
Quote:
Originally Posted by daff__ View Post
Yesterday after a reboot some of my zoe-recordings stopped working in gallery-app.
Also the thumbnail is all gray.

They are still working in the "Photos"-app though... And when I should attach a photo in tapatalk via gallery-app.

I had the same issue a month ago or so.
Anyone else had this issue?

Translation on last pic: "Cannot play video. Unfortunately this video can't be played."

I'm running ViperOne 6.1 (sense 6)
Haven't had that issue, but you could try clearing Data and Cache in the Gallery App
Settings -> Apps -> (scroll right to "All" Tab) look for "Gallery" and select clear data, clear cache

that should rebuild the thumbnails.
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

as0k
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71 View Post
Haven't had that issue, but you could try clearing Data and Cache in the Gallery App
Settings -> Apps -> (scroll right to "All" Tab) look for "Gallery" and select clear data, clear cache

that should rebuild the thumbnails.
Ok, but it won't delete photos when I clear data?

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2699
Quote:
Originally Posted by daff__ View Post
Ok, but it won't delete photos when I clear data?
No it doesn't delete the real photos, only the gallery's database... Imagine you uninstalled the Gallery app, and it would delete your pictures... or a Music app and it would delete all your music.... then HTC / Google would be hearing even more complaints

I do it from time to time (usually when dirty-flashing ROMs), and haven't lost any pictures, and when I open the Gallery app, it just takes a bit longer the first time, as it has to rebuild the database.
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

as0k
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
I still havn't solved this problem. My videos seems to be broken now. I can't open them with any app, or on my computer.
Can this be because i uninstalled gallery-app once and reinstalled it from play, because i had a zoe-problem with ViperOne 6.0 rom?

I now use ViperOne 6.2 after a full wipe installation and i don't get this problems now with new recordnings, but my old recordnings are still broken as i said.

Anyone have clue how i can somehow fix my broken videos? Can i use some program on my computer like Vitrualdub or such?

Thanks!