Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,408 Members 53,236 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SmartBand SWR10 battery utiliztion?

Tip us?

kartoonz
Old
(Last edited by kartoonz; 13th May 2014 at 09:18 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default SmartBand SWR10 battery utiliztion?

Hi folks, I was wondering if anyone out there is using the SmartBand SWR10 provided with the phone. I am eager to know how much battery is it utilizing on the phone. And are you connecting it via NFC or bluetooth. Thanks.

solwretep
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Batt 5 days. Nfc and BT.
The Following User Says Thank You to solwretep For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jackos
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartoonz View Post
Hi folks, I was wondering if anyone out there is using the SmartBand SWR10 provided with the phone. I am eager to know how much battery is it utilizing. And are you connecting it via NFC or bluetooth. Thanks.
NFC is only for pairing.

If you're asking how much battery it does on the phone... Well, it uses as much battery as the Bluetooth does.
Basically battery life won;t noticeable decrease. And you can always turn off BT and disconnect the bad, it will still log your actions, sleep, wake you up etc.
Read my reviews and editorials at ION!
"From my experience - it looks like the most popular ROMs have the worst memory management " - ultrashot

Primary: Sony Xperia Z2 D6503

Sold: Samsung Galaxy S III I9300, HTC Sensation Z710e, HTC Touch Pro2 T7373 (Sold to Skrobel)

Haswell RIG: MSI Z87 MPOWER; Intel Core i7-4770K; Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133Mhz CL11 16GB; 2x EVGA GeForce GTX 760 SC ACX w/ backplate SLI; Intel SSD 530 Series 180GB + Samsung SSD EVO 840 250GB; 2x WDC Black 3TB RAID0; CHIEFTEC BPS-750C2; Fractal Design Define R3 w/ USB3; Logitech G700s + Wireless Illuminated Keyboard K800; Samsung PX2370; Windows 8.1 RTM Genuine

The Following User Says Thank You to Jackos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kartoonz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by solwretep View Post
Batt 5 days. Nfc and BT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackos View Post
NFC is only for pairing.

If you're asking how much battery it does on the phone... Well, it uses as much battery as the Bluetooth does.
Basically battery life won;t noticeable decrease. And you can always turn off BT and disconnect the bad, it will still log your actions, sleep, wake you up etc.
apologies i meant battery utilization on the phone so you mean that once the device is paired i dont require bluetooth and it just records the events via nfc??

Jackos
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 510
Quote:
apologies i meant battery utilization on the phone so you mean that once the device is paired i dont require bluetooth and it just records the events via nfc??
No. NFC is just used for pairing the device All other connections go through Bluetooth. Once the device is paired you don't require NFC anymore.

Well, you could just pair it via Bluetooth and don't use NFC at all.
"From my experience - it looks like the most popular ROMs have the worst memory management " - ultrashot

Sold: Samsung Galaxy S III I9300, HTC Sensation Z710e, HTC Touch Pro2 T7373 (Sold to Skrobel)

Haswell RIG: MSI Z87 MPOWER; Intel Core i7-4770K; Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133Mhz CL11 16GB; 2x EVGA GeForce GTX 760 SC ACX w/ backplate SLI; Intel SSD 530 Series 180GB + Samsung SSD EVO 840 250GB; 2x WDC Black 3TB RAID0; CHIEFTEC BPS-750C2; Fractal Design Define R3 w/ USB3; Logitech G700s + Wireless Illuminated Keyboard K800; Samsung PX2370; Windows 8.1 RTM Genuine

The Following User Says Thank You to Jackos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kartoonz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackos View Post
No. NFC is just used for pairing the device All other connections go through Bluetooth. Once the device is paired you don't require NFC anymore.

Well, you could just pair it via Bluetooth and don't use NFC at all.
thank you that clears my doubt... do you use the smart band by any chance..can you share your experience!

Jackos
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 510
Quote:
thank you that clears my doubt... do you use the smart band by any chance..can you share your experience!
I'm using it and I'm quite happy. Battery life for me is 4 days (the application shows 5days, but I guess I use the band more often then a standard user). Charging the core is really fast.

The only thing that worries me is that after a good shower the core inside the strap is a little bit wet. Makes me wonder if the SWR10 is going to really waterproof for a longer period.