Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,915 Members 37,397 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HELP - Samsung Galaxy S4 DEAD or "Hardbricked"

Tip us?

Phonesaregreat
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] HELP - Samsung Galaxy S4 DEAD or "Hardbricked"

Hi Guys, About 2.5 months ago i bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 which has been working fine (although a few times the battery has strangely emptied without being used in just 4-6 hours. However this Saturday i was at a car show and i was taking lots of pictures and videos, but when my battery started to run low i began to switch the phone on and off between each shot to save the battery. As i was heading to the car to leave, the battery ran out, so i quickly plugged it to the car, then the 'battery is charging' symbol appeared for a second then BLANK...since then the phone hasn't switched on, or vibrated, or made a noise or anything...its DEAD. When i charge the phone it heats up and gets very hot. I really don't know what to do to get it alive again, any advice would be highly appreciated!!!

rishav754
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonesaregreat View Post
Hi Guys, About 2.5 months ago i bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 which has been working fine (although a few times the battery has strangely emptied without being used in just 4-6 hours. However this Saturday i was at a car show and i was taking lots of pictures and videos, but when my battery started to run low i began to switch the phone on and off between each shot to save the battery. As i was heading to the car to leave, the battery ran out, so i quickly plugged it to the car, then the 'battery is charging' symbol appeared for a second then BLANK...since then the phone hasn't switched on, or vibrated, or made a noise or anything...its DEAD. When i charge the phone it heats up and gets very hot. I really don't know what to do to get it alive again, any advice would be highly appreciated!!!

2.5 months means your phone is under warranty so without thinking anything just go to Samsung service center ....it will be best for you as well as for your phone ......
Help others achieve their dreams and you will achieve yours......