Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime

OP hemander

12th May 2014, 06:45 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 326

3,287 posts
Analyst assumptions was the S5 Prime was to shore up their product offering before the two new iPhones launch, but now it is reported the new Prime might just be a small launch due to cost of display production.

If this is true, the iPhone 6 will likely destroy Samsung in sales. First big iPhone display and an even faster/efficient chipset than the i7, which is already faster than the S801. This might be the first time since the S2 where the iPhone trumps Samsung.

I am not an iPhone fan, so do not find this potential scenario of revived dominance a good thing. I do like the iPad Air though, in spite of my Android affliction. That said, Kitkat's killing of sd card writes ofr third party apps is making Android more like iOS....
13th May 2014, 02:04 AM   |  #12  
Flag Sterling
Thanks Meter: 773

1,306 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushless

Analyst assumptions was the S5 Prime was to shore up their product offering before the two new iPhones launch, but now it is reported the new Prime might just be a small launch due to cost of display production.

If this is true, the iPhone 6 will likely destroy Samsung in sales. First big iPhone display and an even faster/efficient chipset than the i7, which is already faster than the S801. This might be the first time since the S2 where the iPhone trumps Samsung.

I am not an iPhone fan, so do not find this potential scenario of revived dominance a good thing. I do like the iPad Air though, in spite of my Android affliction. That said, Kitkat's killing of sd card writes ofr third party apps is making Android more like iOS....

I think that if Samsung released the S5 Prime, then it would anger a LOT of people.

However, I'm not quite sure how you got the impression that Apple's Cyclone based A7 chip is faster than the i7. Quite simply put, it's not.

Look at the Geekbench comparison down further on the page: http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i...MQ-vs-Apple-A7

Even if the score were four times higher, it still wouldn't match up with the MOBILE version of the i7 Haswell.

Things get spaced even farther apart when you compare it to a desktop class i7 Haswell: http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i7-4770K-vs-Apple-A7

I agree with you in terms of iPhone 6 sales outpacing that of the S5. Apple usually sells more, and has more loyal followers.

Connor Baker

P.S. If anything I've said above is incorrect, feel free to let me know.
13th May 2014, 11:21 AM   |  #13  
Forum Moderator
London
Thanks Meter: 12,163

15,045 posts
Donate to Me
More
Mod Edit

Thread closed

Please continue this here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2661410

malybru