Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

Unlock Hidden Camera Settings on Your Moto G

At one point in time or another, weve all gotten very fiddly with the camera settings on our … more

XDA Partners with LG for Developer Challenge

Many Android enthusiasts know the name LG. LG is the maker of some Google Nexus devices and some … more
Post Reply

USB Fast Charger

7th May 2014, 11:54 PM   |  #31  
Senior Member
Flag In your home
Thanks Meter: 49
 
307 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
Donate to Me
More
Not sure how you folks are using a note 3 charger when it's usb 3.0. The note 3 charged up in 2 hours or so while the m8 takes 4+. I'd say it's due to the added power for the usb 3.0 cable?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
7th May 2014, 11:58 PM   |  #32  
mushages's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Muscat
Thanks Meter: 433
 
860 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oconnell84

Not sure how you folks are using a note 3 charger when it's usb 3.0. The note 3 charged up in 2 hours or so while the m8 takes 4+. I'd say it's due to the added power for the usb 3.0 cable?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

dont be so dumb. use Note 3 charger when using HTC USB cable another thing use 1.5A or 2.0A rated chargers and nothing more than that because it will be useless.
8th May 2014, 12:35 AM   |  #33  
Senior Member
Flag In your home
Thanks Meter: 49
 
307 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushages

dont be so dumb. use Note 3 charger when using HTC USB cable another thing use 1.5A or 2.0A rated chargers and nothing more than that because it will be useless.

Glad to see there are still a$$ holes on this forum.
Last edited by oconnell84; 8th May 2014 at 01:36 AM.
8th May 2014, 01:35 AM   |  #34  
munsterrr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Arlington
Thanks Meter: 103
 
560 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oconnell84

Glad to see there are still a$$ holes on this forum.

LOL. I mean....Come on man. When was the last time you saw a cable where the cable was not separate?
8th May 2014, 03:30 AM   |  #35  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 91
 
346 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by x.Orville.x

If i use an iphone charger charge fast or not ?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Slightly slower then the stock HTC One.. one.



iPhone charger outputs 1amp. Stock HTC outputs 1.5amps.


Though the difference might not be that noticeable.

Tablet (or some Phablets) chargers usually output 2amps. That would make a difference to the charge time.

However, most chargers are 5v. To take full advantage of quick charge 2.0 it requires a specially made charger which delivers 9volts / 2amps.


Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Last edited by Chris_c81; 8th May 2014 at 03:33 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chris_c81 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th May 2014, 04:25 AM   |  #36  
Senior Member
Flag Ponce
Thanks Meter: 45
 
1,130 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Donate to Me
excellent thanks
12th May 2014, 09:05 PM   |  #37  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
So what's the deal guys. Is it safe to use the Samsung charger?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

That's the 2.0amp one right? It heats the phone up but it charges really fast. Is that ok to use?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
12th May 2014, 09:12 PM   |  #38  
Senior Member
Flag Rockford, IL
Thanks Meter: 29
 
200 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoonPhunchok

So what's the deal guys. Is it safe to use the Samsung charger?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 AM ----------

That's the 2.0amp one right? It heats the phone up but it charges really fast. Is that ok to use?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

You can safely use a 2A or 2.1A charger. Technically you will charge a bit faster, but it probably won't be terribly noticeable.
12th May 2014, 09:47 PM   |  #39  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
What about the heating bit? Is that ok?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by BoonPhunchok; 12th May 2014 at 10:49 PM.
13th May 2014, 10:31 AM   |  #40  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 91
 
346 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoonPhunchok

What about the heating bit? Is that ok?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

As long as it's not hot enough to fry an egg on, honestly, you'll be fine.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in One (M8) Accessories by ThreadRank