Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Just ordered an AT&T Galaxy Mega

OP apophis9283

6th May 2014, 01:39 AM   |  #11  
Flag Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 1,029

1,528 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by apophis9283

Im surprised no one has unlocked the bootloader yet. At least we have root

apparently it is some kind of beast. Knox has it locked down pretty tight from what I hear. like I said, my bulb doesn't shine that bright when it comes to a lot of this stuff. I just try to read and keep myself out of trouble here.

there have been a few guys trying to get a safetystrap thing going. they got it for the Note 3, thanks to a gentleman by the name of Hashcode. he has tried to get it going for the Mega. I am not sure whether he is still working on it or not, I know he had hit a big hurdle and took a break for a bit but it was on the agenda to give it another shot. that was maybe about a month ago or more.

another gentleman by the name of AZPATTERSON has a thread for possible safetystrap in the General section.

you seem to be a guy with the XDA stats and a big brain to possible understand some of it. you should take a look.
6th May 2014, 01:55 AM   |  #12  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag pekin
Thanks Meter: 4,718

5,878 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by captemo

apparently it is some kind of beast. Knox has it locked down pretty tight from what I hear. like I said, my bulb doesn't shine that bright when it comes to a lot of this stuff. I just try to read and keep myself out of trouble here.

there have been a few guys trying to get a safetystrap thing going. they got it for the Note 3, thanks to a gentleman by the name of Hashcode. he has tried to get it going for the Mega. I am not sure whether he is still working on it or not, I know he had hit a big hurdle and took a break for a bit but it was on the agenda to give it another shot. that was maybe about a month ago or more.

another gentleman by the name of AZPATTERSON has a thread for possible safetystrap in the General section.

you seem to be a guy with the XDA stats and a big brain to possible understand some of it. you should take a look.

I am familair with safestrap and Hashcode. Never had to use safestrap to be honest. I am also familiar with knox. I dont know if it would be possible to remove knox with supersu and a system uninstaller app. I do know knox shows up as a system app. Im betting that knox in the bootloader is not the same as knox as a system app
6th May 2014, 02:23 AM   |  #13  
Flag Kentucky

1,528 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by apophis9283

I am familair with safestrap and Hashcode. Never had to use safestrap to be honest. I am also familiar with knox. I dont know if it would be possible to remove knox with supersu and a system uninstaller app. I do know knox shows up as a system app. Im betting that knox in the bootloader is not the same as knox as a system app

I dont think there is a way to remove. I think the trick is to leave a small portion of existing OS, with the Knox, tricking it to thinking everything is in tact. Then there is a secondary OS, which we can then play with.

Its probably pretty obvious to you. But I get a chance to sound like I know what I am talking about.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Free mobile app
6th May 2014, 02:26 AM   |  #14  
Flag pekin

5,878 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by captemo

I dont think there is a way to remove. I think the trick is to leave a small portion of existing OS, with the Knox, tricking it to thinking everything is in tact. Then there is a secondary OS, which we can then play with.

Its probably pretty obvious to you. But I get a chance to sound like I know what I am talking about.

I have removed Knox as a system app from my wifes note 3. It can be done, I just dont know if it would have any effect on the bootloader
9th May 2014, 10:38 PM   |  #15  
Flag Kentucky

1,528 posts
More
Not yet ?

13th May 2014, 01:34 AM   |  #16  
Flag Kentucky

1,528 posts
More
you had to have gotten it by now?????
13th May 2014, 05:28 AM   |  #17  
Flag pekin

5,878 posts
Donate to Me
More
I actually ended up with a note 2. that way i could continue to use my -03 optimization and sabermod toolchain aokp builds i make for myself
13th May 2014, 11:08 AM   |  #18  
Flag Kentucky

1,528 posts
More
Bummer for me......no bummer for you. Well, congrats on the new phone. I had eyeballed the Note 3, but everything is just so small now.
The battle continues.

Thanx for getting back though.
Have fun

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread