Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,888 Members 52,568 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Just ordered an AT&T Galaxy Mega

Tip us?

captemo
Old
Thanks Meter 977
Quote:
Originally Posted by apophis9283 View Post
Im surprised no one has unlocked the bootloader yet. At least we have root
apparently it is some kind of beast. Knox has it locked down pretty tight from what I hear. like I said, my bulb doesn't shine that bright when it comes to a lot of this stuff. I just try to read and keep myself out of trouble here.

there have been a few guys trying to get a safetystrap thing going. they got it for the Note 3, thanks to a gentleman by the name of Hashcode. he has tried to get it going for the Mega. I am not sure whether he is still working on it or not, I know he had hit a big hurdle and took a break for a bit but it was on the agenda to give it another shot. that was maybe about a month ago or more.

another gentleman by the name of AZPATTERSON has a thread for possible safetystrap in the General section.

you seem to be a guy with the XDA stats and a big brain to possible understand some of it. you should take a look.
CAPT. EMO Senior Member
Samsung Infuse i997.......retired
Samsung Galaxy Note i717.......semi retired
Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 i527.......active duty

apophis9283
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 4607

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by captemo View Post
apparently it is some kind of beast. Knox has it locked down pretty tight from what I hear. like I said, my bulb doesn't shine that bright when it comes to a lot of this stuff. I just try to read and keep myself out of trouble here.

there have been a few guys trying to get a safetystrap thing going. they got it for the Note 3, thanks to a gentleman by the name of Hashcode. he has tried to get it going for the Mega. I am not sure whether he is still working on it or not, I know he had hit a big hurdle and took a break for a bit but it was on the agenda to give it another shot. that was maybe about a month ago or more.

another gentleman by the name of AZPATTERSON has a thread for possible safetystrap in the General section.

you seem to be a guy with the XDA stats and a big brain to possible understand some of it. you should take a look.
I am familair with safestrap and Hashcode. Never had to use safestrap to be honest. I am also familiar with knox. I dont know if it would be possible to remove knox with supersu and a system uninstaller app. I do know knox shows up as a system app. Im betting that knox in the bootloader is not the same as knox as a system app
Komm, süsser tod.

captemo
Old
Thanks Meter 977
Quote:
Originally Posted by apophis9283 View Post
I am familair with safestrap and Hashcode. Never had to use safestrap to be honest. I am also familiar with knox. I dont know if it would be possible to remove knox with supersu and a system uninstaller app. I do know knox shows up as a system app. Im betting that knox in the bootloader is not the same as knox as a system app
I dont think there is a way to remove. I think the trick is to leave a small portion of existing OS, with the Knox, tricking it to thinking everything is in tact. Then there is a secondary OS, which we can then play with.

Its probably pretty obvious to you. But I get a chance to sound like I know what I am talking about.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using XDA Free mobile app
CAPT. EMO Senior Member

apophis9283
Old
Thanks Meter 4607

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by captemo View Post
I dont think there is a way to remove. I think the trick is to leave a small portion of existing OS, with the Knox, tricking it to thinking everything is in tact. Then there is a secondary OS, which we can then play with.

Its probably pretty obvious to you. But I get a chance to sound like I know what I am talking about.
I have removed Knox as a system app from my wifes note 3. It can be done, I just dont know if it would have any effect on the bootloader
Komm, süsser tod.

captemo
Old
Thanks Meter 977
Not yet ?

CAPT. EMO Senior Member

captemo
Old
Thanks Meter 977
you had to have gotten it by now?????
CAPT. EMO Senior Member

apophis9283
Old
Thanks Meter 4607

DONATE TO ME
I actually ended up with a note 2. that way i could continue to use my -03 optimization and sabermod toolchain aokp builds i make for myself
Komm, süsser tod.

captemo
Old
Thanks Meter 977
Bummer for me......no bummer for you. Well, congrats on the new phone. I had eyeballed the Note 3, but everything is just so small now.
The battle continues.

Thanx for getting back though.
Have fun

CAPT. EMO Senior Member