Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] One X issues with viper 4.0.7 ROM

OP seanay00

13th May 2014, 12:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I have an old One X that i thought i would flash with the Viper 4.0.7 Rom. Everything went well but when it goes to reboot after installation it just sticks at the HTC boot screen and doesnt go any further. I did flash it with the viper 3.6.0 ROM but it kept saying 'unfortunately viper tweaks has stopped working". It eventually sorted itself out and i could navigate through all of the phone fine but the WIFI wouldnt work hence the flash to 4.0.7. I restored back to my original HTC ROM after getting frustrated and tried to do a system update but it kept booting into the custom recovery boot menu and wouldnt let the phone do the update.
So first is there a way to stop the phone from booting into the TEAMWIN recovery boot when trying to do HTC system updates?
And is their a stable viper rom around?? and if the 4.0.7 is the stable rom why isnt it working on my One X??
13th May 2014, 12:31 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 8,847

14,379 posts
Donate to Me
Hboot to low is my first guess. If you want to do official ota you must flash back the stock recovery. A custom one can't handle HTC updates
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread