Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,893 Members 49,725 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

App that allows changing between swipe to unlock to pattern

Tip us?

bjames23
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default App that allows changing between swipe to unlock to pattern

I hate pattern or code to unlock phone unless I'm out in public. Is there an app or widget that allows you to just press a button or two to switch these. So when I leave the house I can tap once or twice and switch from a no security swipe to unlock to a preset pattern or code?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Skynyrd420
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjames23 View Post
I hate pattern or code to unlock phone unless I'm out in public. Is there an app or widget that allows you to just press a button or two to switch these. So when I leave the house I can tap once or twice and switch from a no security swipe to unlock to a preset pattern or code?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Go buy sine tectiles, programmable nfc chips. ... you can do a great many things with them

beav3r

spuniun
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjames23 View Post
Tried Tasker?

neugenusis
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Look up app "Skiplock". When connected to wifi, the lockscreen will be just stardard swipe. When wifi is disable or wifi connection is lost (i.e, leaving home), the lockscreen will automatically turn to pin / password lockscreen. Root required for a pattern lockscreen. Finger scanner currently not compatible.

kprice8
Old
Thanks Meter 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by neugenusis View Post
Look up app "Skiplock". When connected to wifi, the lockscreen will be just stardard swipe. When wifi is disable or wifi connection is lost (i.e, leaving home), the lockscreen will automatically turn to pin / password lockscreen. Root required for a pattern lockscreen. Finger scanner currently not compatible.
Which, unless OP has a rooted Dev S5, the app you mentioned is not a viable option.
If I helped you, hit thanks if you like.

-Kevin

neugenusis
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by kprice8 View Post
Which, unless OP has a rooted Dev S5, the app you mentioned is not a viable option.
OP asked for code or pattern lockscreen. I said that code (pin / password) lockscreen works, but only pattern requires root.