App that allows changing between swipe to unlock to pattern

OP bjames23

11th May 2014, 03:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19

110 posts
I hate pattern or code to unlock phone unless I'm out in public. Is there an app or widget that allows you to just press a button or two to switch these. So when I leave the house I can tap once or twice and switch from a no security swipe to unlock to a preset pattern or code?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
11th May 2014, 05:05 AM   |  #2  
wichita
Thanks Meter: 3

36 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjames23

I hate pattern or code to unlock phone unless I'm out in public. Is there an app or widget that allows you to just press a button or two to switch these. So when I leave the house I can tap once or twice and switch from a no security swipe to unlock to a preset pattern or code?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Go buy sine tectiles, programmable nfc chips. ... you can do a great many things with them

beav3r
12th May 2014, 03:08 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 68

489 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjames23

Tried Tasker?
13th May 2014, 08:06 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 54

158 posts
Look up app "Skiplock". When connected to wifi, the lockscreen will be just stardard swipe. When wifi is disable or wifi connection is lost (i.e, leaving home), the lockscreen will automatically turn to pin / password lockscreen. Root required for a pattern lockscreen. Finger scanner currently not compatible.
13th May 2014, 12:06 PM   |  #5  
Flag Lansing MI
Thanks Meter: 200

547 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neugenusis

Look up app "Skiplock". When connected to wifi, the lockscreen will be just stardard swipe. When wifi is disable or wifi connection is lost (i.e, leaving home), the lockscreen will automatically turn to pin / password lockscreen. Root required for a pattern lockscreen. Finger scanner currently not compatible.

Which, unless OP has a rooted Dev S5, the app you mentioned is not a viable option.
13th May 2014, 01:34 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 54

158 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kprice8

Which, unless OP has a rooted Dev S5, the app you mentioned is not a viable option.

OP asked for code or pattern lockscreen. I said that code (pin / password) lockscreen works, but only pattern requires root.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread