Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,517 Members 37,048 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Please Help Me.

Tip us?

almotions
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Please Help Me.

The Story
I bought the phone second hand off a bloke and basically got screwed over. I was originally planning to give it to my brother however, that fell through so when I decided to test it out several months after buying it and discovered that:
a) the phone couldnt get cellular data with my provider (the main provider of Australia)
b) the phone's imei had been blocked/disconnected by the other main provider network
There wasn't much I could do. So now I have a phone that I can't fully use (no data), can't sell off (unless I do it for parts).

The Issue
I have a HTC One that works with my Australian provider Optus (calls and texts work fine), however, I cannot use cellular data on 3G (900MHz and 2100MHz). I'm pretty sure I was sold a 801n (M7_UL), which I *think* should be fine to work with the 900 and 2100 frequencies (please correct me if I'm wrong).
So basically I would much appreciate it if anyone can help me determine what the issue is with my phone and how to fix it so I can get cellular data on it using Optus (I don't have any issue with rooting the phone as it is basically worthless to me in this state)

Thanks for any help you guys can give!

BenPope
Old
Thanks Meter 938
We can't really help you with a stolen phone.

Having said that, 900 and 2100MHz should be supported for 3g, maybe it's a problem with your APN settings.