Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,248 Members 39,266 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

N7105 factory mode

Tip us?

skyred5
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy N7105 factory mode

Hi guys, i seriously need help here. Please refer to attached screenshot.

I came here after flashing sokp 4.2.2 rom, and it prompted me an error saying encryption was unsuccessful. After which, i wasnt able to use my phone since then.

I tried to flash stock rom, and I end up with this. Please dont tell me to search the forums because Ive been to them countless times. I suppose this is a efs issue, because baseband and imei are unknown and I do not have a backup for it. Tried with the writing tool for imei, doesnt work as well.

Pls ask me for any info u might need/i missed out to help with this issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	185.3 KB
ID:	2720742  
Iphone3GS->iPhone 4->Note 2 LTE
ROM:4.4.2 Temasek CM11 v40 + W03Tweaks v1.11
iPad 2 6.1.3

sawdoctor
Old
Thanks Meter 2177
I think it's in the efs folder, you have to use a root browser and edit factory mode to off instead of on. It's been a long time since I saw factory mode so I'm not 100%

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

skyred5
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawdoctor View Post
I think it's in the efs folder, you have to use a root browser and edit factory mode to off instead of on. It's been a long time since I saw factory mode so I'm not 100%

Thanks for your reply. But even if I off factory mode, will the baseband and imei be unknown?
iPad 2 6.1.3

sawdoctor
Old
Thanks Meter 2177
I'm not sure but if it doesn't the 2 things that might be worth trying are, emergency firmware recovery with kies or mskips toolkit has a rescue package but I think you have to go to skipsoft.net now as the thread was closed

driqbd
Old
Thanks Meter 0
It's current value is "OFF"...u have to write "ON"...i know it sounds weird but that is the value. Amd if u don't have any previous back up of EFS then there's nothing u can do at home to bring it back. Same thing happened to mine and i got it repaired from a local shop for cheap...they used z3x box...the problem is my IMEI is correct and network works fine...but everytime i flash a ROM i have to take it to the shop and get the modem patched or else it doesn't connect to network. So go to Samsung service centre and get it fixed by them...they'll charge u more but their fix is permanent.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Free mobile app

skyred5
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Alright, it seems like i have a backup of the efs, bt the nv_data.bin file is not included, and i read on other threads that this file is responsible for the imei and all? This backup is dated in aug2013, but it doesnt help in restoring my phone because the efs pro software doesnt see this as a backup file. Im actually looking for one of the thread that actually taught how to edit the nv_data.bin file, but no luck till date.
iPad 2 6.1.3

sawdoctor
Old
Thanks Meter 2177
This thread might help
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1946915

[WARNING! + GUIDE] Backup and Restore IMEI / NV Data Procedure for GT-I9305. There is another post in this thread where they flashed the param.bin file
Check out the last post in this thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2724169

[Q]Null Imei, Baseband Unknown N7105

skyred5
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
is it safe to flash the file that is intended for i9300? i dare not do that in case it doesnt work coz is different models.
iPad 2 6.1.3

skyred5
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
ok my phone's all fixed up now. If anyone is interested to know, samsung kies original firmware helped.
iPad 2 6.1.3