Phone wont boot after wipe and reinstall

OP sargeanttedi

12th May 2014, 10:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
Hey guys i had hyperdrive rls15 installed on my phone. Im selling ti since i bought the new s5. I wiped the cache dalvik and data then installed the same rom rls15. It booted fine and i let it sit and everything seemed ok. but after i reset it im just getting the samsung galaxy s4 screen. I let it sit for about 10 to 15 mins and nothing happens. So i tried using a 4.2.2 tar file to go stock but that is doing the same thing. Any ideas?
13th May 2014, 02:07 PM   |  #2  
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 1,914

3,753 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sargeanttedi

Hey guys i had hyperdrive rls15 installed on my phone. Im selling ti since i bought the new s5. I wiped the cache dalvik and data then installed the same rom rls15. It booted fine and i let it sit and everything seemed ok. but after i reset it im just getting the samsung galaxy s4 screen. I let it sit for about 10 to 15 mins and nothing happens. So i tried using a 4.2.2 tar file to go stock but that is doing the same thing. Any ideas?

Most likely you're going to need to flash a 4.3 Odin tar not a 4.2 so that's the issue here. I'd suggest using Surges full wipe MK2 file which I can link you to. Doesn't sound like your phone was on Kit Kat so that should do it

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

Here's the link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2578209
Again since you're getting rid of the phone I'd just use the full wipe

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread