Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,814 Members 50,777 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] which rom shall i put on my tablet

Tip us?

cns00
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] which rom shall i put on my tablet

around 1 or 2 years ago i bought my samsung galaxy tab 2 7 inch (p3100). it came with 4.0.4. it worked perfectly for all this time. a few months ago i installed final fantasy 4 after years. i got a cracked apk. after that my tablet started restarting by itself. i am using it and suddenly it restarts. i did factory reset. it didnt help. i then did another factory reset and i didnt put final fantasy 4. it still didn't help

i then put 4.2.2 then tried to root it. the rooting failed and boot sector got damaged. a shop fixed the boot sector, put 4.2.2 and rooted. unfortunately it didn't solve problem as it still hangs and restarts

i installed clockwork recovery and did complete wipe. i removed android from it. i want to flash a new rom

which one shall i get? i need it in english, to be stable and not hang and it should support my belkin bluetooth keyboard

there is raspisimon.no-ip.org/roms.php] . it shows some roms. i found out there is omnirom, pac rom, paranoid android, slimroms and aokp. which one do i choose?

the most important thing is i want it to stop hanging and restarting. why is it doing that? if that problem still happens after i put new rom i will "retire" my phone and buy galaxy tab 3

shakatu
Old
Thanks Meter 1,046

DONATE TO ME
I had this happen to my 10.1" and thought it was a goner. I had to run an ADB script from recovery to actually reformat (not just wipe) the system and data partitions, but this is some next level stuff that if screwed up can truly brick your device...
Try Googling it because I don't feel comfortable sharing the info where people might mess it up and blame me.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium HD app

Donate to the "shakatu needs money" fund
All donations will receive special thanks on my main ROM forum, which has received over 100k views

My devices: Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Exhibit, HTC G1
My projects: SGT2: 4.2.2, Zap Blaster ROM