Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] which rom shall i put on my tablet

OP cns00

12th May 2014, 04:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
around 1 or 2 years ago i bought my samsung galaxy tab 2 7 inch (p3100). it came with 4.0.4. it worked perfectly for all this time. a few months ago i installed final fantasy 4 after years. i got a cracked apk. after that my tablet started restarting by itself. i am using it and suddenly it restarts. i did factory reset. it didnt help. i then did another factory reset and i didnt put final fantasy 4. it still didn't help

i then put 4.2.2 then tried to root it. the rooting failed and boot sector got damaged. a shop fixed the boot sector, put 4.2.2 and rooted. unfortunately it didn't solve problem as it still hangs and restarts

i installed clockwork recovery and did complete wipe. i removed android from it. i want to flash a new rom

which one shall i get? i need it in english, to be stable and not hang and it should support my belkin bluetooth keyboard

there is raspisimon.no-ip.org/roms.php] . it shows some roms. i found out there is omnirom, pac rom, paranoid android, slimroms and aokp. which one do i choose?

the most important thing is i want it to stop hanging and restarting. why is it doing that? if that problem still happens after i put new rom i will "retire" my phone and buy galaxy tab 3
13th May 2014, 03:29 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,068

1,035 posts
Donate to Me
More
I had this happen to my 10.1" and thought it was a goner. I had to run an ADB script from recovery to actually reformat (not just wipe) the system and data partitions, but this is some next level stuff that if screwed up can truly brick your device...
Try Googling it because I don't feel comfortable sharing the info where people might mess it up and blame me.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium HD app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread