Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,603 Members 39,799 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Have I bought a lemon?

Tip us?

scrubasarus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Have I bought a lemon?

So I purchased an HTC one for my girlfriend via Swappa so she wouldn't lose her data plan. She was coming from an iPhone 4s so I picked the HTC one for a similar size/feel but desired the Android platform. Anyway, I've had nothing but complaints from her. She says the screen will "freak out" (I'm assuming random clicks/movements) and that sometimes, she loses all control completely and the phone will do whatever it wants. It has randomly dialed her recent calls, and the big complaint this morning was that the alarm didn't go off. Also, I watched (with an aftermarket charger) the continue to beep on and beep off (charging indication) until the phone just shut down.

I have it running a 4.4.2 stock root, done through the firewater method and all that garbage. TWRP is installed, but I haven't tried flashing a new rom yet as I am out of the state for awhile.

Has anyone had similar problems? With all the complaints, I can't tell if it's a hardware issue or software or both. My intent is to make a video to show her how to flash CM, but I figured I'd feel out the community first to see if I'd just be better off getting her a G2 or S5.

All help is appreciated, and I'm sorry I cannot provide software, kernel and other details, as I mentioned I'm out of town for awihle.

Thanks much.

Bhavpreet
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Never encountered any of these things, and these definitely do not seem like software problems. I'm betting that its a faulty One, not sure how swappa works but id get it exchanged as quickly as possible before your girlfriend kills you.

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 834
Lemon for sure. You should contact the swappa seller, but if they don't want to do anything (they technically don't have to), ATT or whatever carrier the phone is branded to will fix it. If it's a generic one, HTC will fix it.
Tags
htc one 4.4.2