Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,000 Members 50,638 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No network and "com.htc.htcdialer is not responding."

Tip us?

nj0fr@
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default No network and "com.htc.htcdialer is not responding."

Hello!

I had purple tint on my old HTC One, so I sent it for repairs under warranty and I got a completely new unit. It was working for a day, but today it couldn't connect to the network. At first I thought it was a HW issue, but I realized that Dialer was crashing with a message: "com.htc.htcdialer is not responding.". That made me think it was a software problem, so I tried doing a factory reset in HBOOT, but now htcdialer is still crashing, and I can't even go through initial setup, it just keeps rebooting when I try to unlock it for the first time. Is there any other way to flash a ROM, without being able to boot the phone?

Everything is completely stock, bootloader is locked and phone is not rooted. I updated it to the latest available version, 4.4.2 with Sense 5.5, I'm unsure what version it exactly is. I would like to keep it stock for at least a couple of days in case there is a hardware failure and I have to send it back to service, but I can do anything if it's necessary.

Thank you very much.

HBOOT image, if it is of any help: http://i.imgur.com/3XKC6Br.jpg?1

Bhavpreet
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Since its completely stock and you just got the phone, I wouldnt bother going through and installing a custom rom, its too much of a hassle and if it ends up being a hardware problem its an even bigger issue.

I'd contact HTC again and see if they can do anything about it, or just send it back again under warranty. Flashing a custom rom in your situation isnt worth it imo.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bhavpreet For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nj0fr@
Old
(Last edited by nj0fr@; 13th May 2014 at 05:42 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhavpreet View Post
Since its completely stock and you just got the phone, I wouldnt bother going through and installing a custom rom, its too much of a hassle and if it ends up being a hardware problem its an even bigger issue.

I'd contact HTC again and see if they can do anything about it, or just send it back again under warranty. Flashing a custom rom in your situation isnt worth it imo.
That's exactly what I've been thinking.

I was actually able to get it to go through initial setup between reboots and I was able to install a RUU, a the same thing is happening again, so I'm pretty sure it's HW related. And it still isn't getting any signal. It's a bit of a problem because I have to bring it to a store 150km away, but I'll have to do it

Bhavpreet
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj0fr@ View Post
That's exactly what I've been thinking.

I was actually able to get it to go through initial setup between reboots and I was able to install a RUU, a the same thing is happening again, so I'm pretty sure it's HW related. It's a bit of a problem because I have to bring it to a store 150km away, but I'll have to do it
Ahh that sucks. Call them and make some excuse about how you cant come to the store and see if you can ship it to them.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bhavpreet For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]