Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,846 Members 51,023 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

G900M - Problem with OTA update

Tip us?

mrhizzo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default G900M - Problem with OTA update

Hi.

I don't know if someone can help me, but I really don't know what to do with this problem.

I bought one G900M (version from Brazil) on the release date and after a few weeks I install a custom rom and the TWRP recovery.
The problem is: I tried to go back to the stock ROM, but I still have the recovery with the CUSTOM "mark".

I tried to re install many times, do a wipe/format from the recovery, with no success.
I always receive the message when I try update the phone by OTA what say "The operating system on your device has been modified in an unauthorized way. Try downloading...

I appreciate any help.

dynospectrum
Old
Thanks Meter 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhizzo View Post
Hi.

I don't know if someone can help me, but I really don't know what to do with this problem.

I bought one G900M (version from Brazil) on the release date and after a few weeks I install a custom rom and the TWRP recovery.
The problem is: I tried to go back to the stock ROM, but I still have the recovery with the CUSTOM "mark".

I tried to re install many times, do a wipe/format from the recovery, with no success.
I always receive the message when I try update the phone by OTA what say "The operating system on your device has been modified in an unauthorized way. Try downloading...

I appreciate any help.
You tripped Knox when you rooted. There's no way to undo this.

mrhizzo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynospectrum View Post
You tripped Knox when you rooted. There's no way to undo this.
But I'm not talking about Knox. I'm talking about the OTA update.
I reinstall the original firmware, stock version. Should work, no? Or Samsung changed the things again?