One Quarter of All Android Users Have Dual-SIM phones

Ever since the dual-SIM phone wasannounced, such devices became quite popular in many … more

Have Some ‘Quality Time’ – App Review

Our phones are jam packed with features. You can crush candy, you can send emails, … more

Chrome Beta v41 Update

Chrome on Android has been receiving a flurry of updates since the launch of Android 5.0 Lollipop, and earlier today … more

Microsoft Outlook Preview for Android

Microsoft has been making numerous plays on the Android platform recently with the launch of apps like … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Anyone know a way to bypass the Amazon Appstore External Market Link popup?

OP Natchy

28th April 2014, 04:57 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 1
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
NO Amazon, I do not want to open the link/app with your App Store!

So, does anyone know a way to bypass that popup? It's not a big deal, just annoying that I have to back out of what I'm doing, open Google Play, search for the app, find the right one, then finally download it. Thanks to anyone who can help me be even lazier than I am

In case it matters: I'm on a -rooted- Kindle Fire HD 7", running Amazon Firmware version 7.4.8, Root Android 4.0.3, with ADW Launcher EX version 1.3.3.9,
28th April 2014, 06:06 AM   |  #2  
LinearEquation's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Midwest
Thanks Meter: 428
 
1,757 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natchy

NO Amazon, I do not want to open the link/app with your App Store!

So, does anyone know a way to bypass that popup? It's not a big deal, just annoying that I have to back out of what I'm doing, open Google Play, search for the app, find the right one, then finally download it. Thanks to anyone who can help me be even lazier than I am

In case it matters: I'm on a -rooted- Kindle Fire HD 7", running Amazon Firmware version 7.4.8, Root Android 4.0.3, with ADW Launcher EX version 1.3.3.9,

Hmm, it's been a while but I think as long as you're running Amazon OS this will happen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running CM 11 4.4.2 with ElementalX Kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
28th April 2014, 11:41 AM   |  #3  
stunts513's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX
Thanks Meter: 611
 
2,233 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Donate to Me
More
Nope there's a trick, rename a system app called something like marketintentproxy.apk, it will stop the redirects. Not positive on the filename but it is something like that, I had it disabled myself back before i stopped using amazon os.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to stunts513 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2014, 01:05 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 1
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
Rename it what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513

Nope there's a trick, rename a system app called something like marketintentproxy.apk, it will stop the redirects. Not positive on the filename but it is something like that, I had it disabled myself back before i stopped using amazon os.

So what should I rename the system app? Is there a specific name, or can I just enter whatever and it will stop the redirect?

Thanks, by the way. I had seen that apk name before, but didn't know it was used for this.
29th April 2014, 01:18 AM   |  #5  
stunts513's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX
Thanks Meter: 611
 
2,233 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Donate to Me
More
Change ".apk" to ".bak" so its not recognized as an app.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to stunts513 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th May 2014, 12:30 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 1
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
Thumbs up Success!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513

Change ".apk" to ".bak" so its not recognized as an app.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk


Thanks. I added the .bak to the file and it worked perfectly. Awesome
10th May 2014, 06:41 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
Question Where's the .apk?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natchy

Thanks. I added the .bak to the file and it worked perfectly. Awesome

How did you get to the .apk file to change it to .bak? Did you use something like ES Explorer? If so, where do I look?
10th May 2014, 07:23 PM   |  #8  
stunts513's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX
Thanks Meter: 611
 
2,233 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Donate to Me
More
Yes you can use es file explorer, look in /system/app
You have to enable root mode and mount system as read-write, though for some reason on the latest Google play store released version of es file explorer i cant find a option to remount system as RW, only root access. Have to remount it from a terminal on the newer version. Don't let what I said confuse you, I am just rambling.

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk
Last edited by stunts513; 10th May 2014 at 07:26 PM.
10th May 2014, 07:55 PM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
Already had root access. Somehow when I did so it didn't redirect links leading elsewhere. Thanks a bunch!

Sent from my KFTT using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
13th May 2014, 07:27 PM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 1
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
Great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Adellandra

Already had root access. Somehow when I did so it didn't redirect links leading elsewhere. Thanks a bunch!

That's awesome that it somehow fixed that file for you! It's quite annoying when it gives you no choice but to download from the Amazon App Store.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes