Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,441 Members 44,075 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC One M8 on Verizon S-OFF questions

Tip us?

radiowavedev
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] HTC One M8 on Verizon S-OFF questions

Hi all I am new to XDA but not to the forum or nodding community. Basically I have the HTC one M8 with an update that seems to have blocked firewater (1.12.605.11). I have tried a few times but firewater just looped and suddenly the phone will reboot. No damage seems to be done but I am curious what is required to get S-OFF on this update. I have searched the web but all firewater posts seem to be dated April 7 when firewater came out far before this new update. So is S-OFF even possible at this moment? And is their possibly a way to rollback to the older software? I would think not coming from my motorola mentality of nothing is moddable but HTC might be different? I appreciate any help to this question and hope I am not asking it again.

xRogerxC
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiowavedev View Post
Hi all I am new to XDA but not to the forum or nodding community. Basically I have the HTC one M8 with an update that seems to have blocked firewater (1.12.605.11). I have tried a few times but firewater just looped and suddenly the phone will reboot. No damage seems to be done but I am curious what is required to get S-OFF on this update. I have searched the web but all firewater posts seem to be dated April 7 when firewater came out far before this new update. So is S-OFF even possible at this moment? And is their possibly a way to rollback to the older software? I would think not coming from my motorola mentality of nothing is moddable but HTC might be different? I appreciate any help to this question and hope I am not asking it again.
It is not necessary to rollback the update. Firewater S-off can be used even with the latest OTA. I suggest moving over to the Verizon HTC One M8 forums here. You can find a video of the proper steps here, and a step by step tutorial here(make sure to use second method (weaksauce method)). Hope this helps!
Please hit the thanks button if I've helped you out!
Motorola Moto G (XT1031), Stock ROM, rooted, bootloader unlocked, Xposed w/GravityBox
U.S. Navy Combat Vet 1984-2002
Storm Chaser/NWS Springfield MO SKYWARN Spotter
Ham Radio Callsign KC0UHS
CompTia A+, Network+, Security+ Certified Tech.
Microsoft Certified MCSA/MCSE
The Following User Says Thank You to xRogerxC For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

andybones
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 8,915

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiowavedev View Post
As mentioned above you are all set to S-OFF your phone.

The latest OTA has been confirmed to not hurt root and confirmed to still work with firewater S-OFF tool.

The post above mine has great links.
Team Ecliptic - Member/Co-Lead Developer

Motorola Droid > HTC Eris > HTC Incredible > HTC Incredible 2 > Galaxy Nexus > HTC Rezound > HTC Incredible 4G > Samsung Galaxy S3 > Samsung Galaxy S4 > HTC One M7 > HTC One M8

Buy me a beer.
The Following User Says Thank You to andybones For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

radiowavedev
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Well I tried once again before updating and still nothing so I updated and it worked without a problem. Seems that I was on an old update not a new one. Thanks guys.