trouble writing to storage

OP ticktock666

11th May 2014, 06:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25

146 posts
More
I'm on the latest 4.4.2 stock rom, and everything was working fine, then I made a nandroid backup to extSD and tested flashing some mods through twrp, didn't like the result, and did a restore, and that's when the problem started

ESexplorer was working normally, but now it cannot write to internal storage, and reports a EACCESS error, other apps went crazy too : winrar will no longer write to extSD and reports it as read-only,and when trying other explorers, like Fx Explorer with root plugin, it returns the same error, but total commander works normally.

I've tried using Fix permissions from twrp, but nothing changed, and tried SDfix from google play and it said I already have the fix applied, so this is driving me crazy....could this be a problem with bad permissions ? ESexplorer shows permissions on all folders as "drw", I'm not sure if it used to be like this before.
12th May 2014, 02:33 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 163

458 posts
Donate to Me
More
Did you try formatting the disk through twrp? that should make it new with no problems.. though you'll lose your data unless you are able to copy them to your computer or something.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Mohammed779 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th May 2014, 06:41 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25

146 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohammed779

Did you try formatting the disk through twrp? that should make it new with no problems.. though you'll lose your data unless you are able to copy them to your computer or something.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

did a full format using revolution HD script then restored my files and things seems to work on internal storage, formatting the extSD on device didn't work, so I'll try to format it on pc once I get the adapter.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread