Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,899 Members 49,312 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

trouble writing to storage

Tip us?

ticktock666
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Default trouble writing to storage

I'm on the latest 4.4.2 stock rom, and everything was working fine, then I made a nandroid backup to extSD and tested flashing some mods through twrp, didn't like the result, and did a restore, and that's when the problem started

ESexplorer was working normally, but now it cannot write to internal storage, and reports a EACCESS error, other apps went crazy too : winrar will no longer write to extSD and reports it as read-only,and when trying other explorers, like Fx Explorer with root plugin, it returns the same error, but total commander works normally.

I've tried using Fix permissions from twrp, but nothing changed, and tried SDfix from google play and it said I already have the fix applied, so this is driving me crazy....could this be a problem with bad permissions ? ESexplorer shows permissions on all folders as "drw", I'm not sure if it used to be like this before.

Mohammed779
Old
Thanks Meter 161

DONATE TO ME
Did you try formatting the disk through twrp? that should make it new with no problems.. though you'll lose your data unless you are able to copy them to your computer or something.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Mohammed779 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ticktock666
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohammed779 View Post
Did you try formatting the disk through twrp? that should make it new with no problems.. though you'll lose your data unless you are able to copy them to your computer or something.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
did a full format using revolution HD script then restored my files and things seems to work on internal storage, formatting the extSD on device didn't work, so I'll try to format it on pc once I get the adapter.