Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,742 Members 37,698 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] What's the difference between I337UCUFMLD &

Tip us?

rgrbckr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] What's the difference between I337UCUFMLD &

I337ATTFNB1 firmware? Is it worth switching from MLD to NB!?

rugmankc
Old
(Last edited by rugmankc; 13th May 2014 at 02:31 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1688
Only issue is warranty. But, if you got MDL that may be mute. Otherwise, you can flash NB1 or even NC2 roms. I see no reason not too--

Oops, misread--thought you meant the early MDL build. I don't remember MLD as I rooted back in April/May 2013. You have to find change logs. I still think newer is usually better though--
ATT Samsung Galaxy S4/Rooted/TWRP 2.5.0.2/Wanam Xposed, or Gravity Box/Long Time MultiRom Flasher/Waiting For The Note 4--The Game Changer

muniz_ri
Old
Thanks Meter 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrbckr View Post
I337ATTFNB1 firmware? Is it worth switching from MLD to NB!?
I experienced an issue with maps on the FMLD leak.

If you are currently on the FMLD 4.4 leak you can upgrade to NB1 or even the latest NC1 firmware while maintaining the option to Odin flash back to factory stock MK2. Just don't flash the NB1 or NC1 bootloaders. See here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2692825

jsimsfour
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
Only issue is warranty. But, if you got MDL that may be mute. Otherwise, you can flash NB1 or even NC2 roms. I see no reason not too--

Oops, misread--thought you meant the early MDL build. I don't remember MLD as I rooted back in April/May 2013. You have to find change logs. I still think newer is usually better though--
I have an att s4 on mk2(hyperdrive) and will upgrade soon to a nb1 based ROM. Can I flash anything that is 4.4.2 based like nc2?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I337 SAMSUNG GALAXY S4
Hyperdrive 17
APPLE 2 ANDROID
NEW TO THIS BARE WITH ME

rugmankc
Old
Thanks Meter 1688
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimsfour View Post
I have an att s4 on mk2(hyperdrive) and will upgrade soon to a nb1 based ROM. Can I flash anything that is 4.4.2 based like nc2?

That rom can be flashed with or without SafeStrap. So, if you are on the MDL bootloader you can flash whatever you want. If MF3 or higher there are restrictions to certain TW roms and no aosp/aokp roms.

If you are using SafeStrap, go to General and read up on your bootloader and what roms you can use. There are different SafeStrap versions too. I am not up on newer BL's and SafeStrap. Just the basics with it--
ATT Samsung Galaxy S4/Rooted/TWRP 2.5.0.2/Wanam Xposed, or Gravity Box/Long Time MultiRom Flasher/Waiting For The Note 4--The Game Changer

The Following User Says Thank You to rugmankc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jsimsfour
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
That rom can be flashed with or without SafeStrap. So, if you are on the MDL bootloader you can flash whatever you want. If MF3 or higher there are restrictions to certain TW roms and no aosp/aokp roms.

If you are using SafeStrap, go to General and read up on your bootloader and what roms you can use. There are different SafeStrap versions too. I am not up on newer BL's and SafeStrap. Just the basics with it--
I'm on mk2 4.3 but I'll look for it

I337 SAMSUNG GALAXY S4
Hyperdrive 17
APPLE 2 ANDROID
NEW TO THIS BARE WITH ME

rugmankc
Old
Thanks Meter 1688
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimsfour View Post
I'm on mk2 4.3 but I'll look for it

OK, if that's your bootloaoader then you are using SafeStrap. So will need to check out the General threads on builds mk2 and higher.

Also, someone will probably give you exact info here that has that experience--

Sorry I can't offer more atm--

The Following User Says Thank You to rugmankc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]