Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,027 Members 48,232 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung Design Chief Steps Down

Tip us?

RockyCJC
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Angry Samsung Design Chief Steps Down

http://money.cnn.com/2014/05/08/tech...html?hpt=hp_t2

Trouble at Samsung!!?? Maybe the former design chief locked down the S5 too good.....

Maphack
Old
Thanks Meter 53
If I had to guess it would be some kind of behind the scenes scandal. Samsung among a few other companies like Hyundai basically have all the power in Korea.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

tpike
Old
Thanks Meter 189
Verizon phones are locked down by Qualcomm. Efuses are built in by carrier spec in order to control network integrity through the limiting of lower level access. Samsung doesn't have a dog in the fight except the quantity of users vs other manufacturers. I'm sure he got fired because the galaxy line hasn't seen a major break through since the s3.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to tpike For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

1ManWolfePack
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 1761
A design chief has absolutely nothing to do with the internals of a device or "locking" status, they simply "design" it - and this design didn't get favorable reviews. That's the reason most major tech sites (not CNN money) are saying he resigned.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW

rushless
Old
Thanks Meter 271
Whoever decided no 32GB option and locking down the VZW S5- those are the people that should be stepped on- er down
Tags
chang dong-hoon, design chief, samsung s5, tech, verizon