Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Seidio Ledger Case

OP ajk511

13th May 2014, 05:58 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19

303 posts
I picked up a Seidio Ledger Case. Nice build quality. Very easy to get the phone in but a little difficult to get it out. DO NOT grab it by the flip cover while trying to remove it. Tore it just the tiniest bit. Completely my fault though, I was tugging pretty hard. Overall I'm pretty happy with it but it doesn't activate the sleep/wake function on my M8. Is it not supposed to or is there a setting I need to change on the phone to activate that feature?
13th May 2014, 06:03 PM   |  #2  
Flag LaCrosse, WI
Thanks Meter: 63

315 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajk511

I picked up a Seidio Ledger Case. Nice build quality. Very easy to get the phone in but a little difficult to get it out. DO NOT grab it by the flip cover while trying to remove it. Tore it just the tiniest bit. Completely my fault though, I was tugging pretty hard. Overall I'm pretty happy with it but it doesn't activate the sleep/wake function on my M8. Is it not supposed to or is there a setting I need to change on the phone to activate that feature?

No setting, probably doesn't have a magnet on the flip cover? Should be one that hits the middle left side of the phone to trigger the on/off when opening/closing. Try it with a magnet and you'll see what I mean.
13th May 2014, 06:11 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

303 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by henderjr

No setting, probably doesn't have a magnet on the flip cover? Should be one that hits the middle left side of the phone to trigger the on/off when opening/closing. Try it with a magnet and you'll see what I mean.

It's got a magnet on the right side to keep the flip closed. Ran a magnet all along the left side and got nothing. Wonder if it's a rom thing though. I'm running viper rom. Does this phone have the screen on/off magnet feature normally? Never tried it before flashing away from stock.
13th May 2014, 06:41 PM   |  #4  
Flag LaCrosse, WI

315 posts
More
Quote:

It's got a magnet on the right side to keep the flip closed. Ran a magnet all along the left side and got nothing. Wonder if it's a rom thing though. I'm running viper rom. Does this phone have the screen on/off magnet feature normally? Never tried it before flashing away from stock.

I have viper and was just able to do it. Even thinks I have the dot view case on if I leave the magnet on and hit the power button. Don't have a way to show you unfortunately
13th May 2014, 06:54 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

303 posts
Quote:

I have viper and was just able to do it. Even thinks I have the dot view case on if I leave the magnet on and hit the power button. Don't have a way to show you unfortunately

Where exactly are you putting the magnet?
13th May 2014, 07:02 PM   |  #6  
Flag LaCrosse, WI

315 posts
More
http://youtu.be/vFYqEiIH-dw Used my pc's webcam. Upside down but you get the idea. Left side about 1/4 way in, half way up the phone.

If it doesn't work for you maybe you need to have the dot view app? https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....htc.dotmatrix
Last edited by henderjr; 13th May 2014 at 07:07 PM.
13th May 2014, 07:33 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

303 posts
Quote:

http://youtu.be/vFYqEiIH-dw Used my pc's webcam. Upside down but you get the idea. Left side about 1/4 way in, half way up the phone.

If it doesn't work for you maybe you need to have the dot view app? https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....htc.dotmatrix

THANKS!. I was putting it right on the edge.

Here is what it did. Used double sided tape and this REALLY thin small round magnet I picked up in a pack at an office supply store. Put the magnet on the screen with the double sided tape on it. Stuck a business card into the car holder slot of the flip and put a piece of tap across the very top of the card to mark exactly where it sits when in the slot. remove the card from the slot and tapped it to the flip. closed the case so that the magnet now stuck to the card. Removed the card, put a piece of tape over the magnet to secure it better to the card and then slid the card back into the card slot. PERFECTION!!

Edit: It will activate DOT VIEW if you flip the case completely over.
Last edited by ajk511; 13th May 2014 at 07:40 PM.
13th May 2014, 07:37 PM   |  #8  
Flag LaCrosse, WI

315 posts
More
Quote:

THANKS!. I was putting it right on the edge.

Here is what it did. Used double sided tape and this REALLY thin small round magnet I picked up in a pack at an office supply store. Put the magnet on the screen with the double sided tape on it. Stuck a business card into the car holder slot of the flip and put a piece of tap across the very top of the card to mark exactly where it sits when in the slot. remove the card from the slot and tapped it to the flip. closed the case so that the magnet now stuck to the card. Removed the card, put a piece of tape over the magnet to secure it better to the card and then slid the card back into the card slot. PERFECTION!!

Glad I could help
13th May 2014, 07:50 PM   |  #9  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 9

177 posts
More
Be careful using any credit cards with a magnet so close to them. Sort of defeats a large purpose of the Ledger case doesn't it/
13th May 2014, 08:00 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member

303 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpbcubsfan

Be careful using any credit cards with a magnet so close to them. Sort of defeats a large purpose of the Ledger case doesn't it/

Actually got it because I wanted a flip case and liked how it looked. Figured I could stash an emergency $20 bill in there and a state ID, but I probably wouldn't ever put a credit card in there

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread