Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,101 Members 40,829 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Seidio Ledger Case

Tip us?

ajk511
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default Seidio Ledger Case

I picked up a Seidio Ledger Case. Nice build quality. Very easy to get the phone in but a little difficult to get it out. DO NOT grab it by the flip cover while trying to remove it. Tore it just the tiniest bit. Completely my fault though, I was tugging pretty hard. Overall I'm pretty happy with it but it doesn't activate the sleep/wake function on my M8. Is it not supposed to or is there a setting I need to change on the phone to activate that feature?

henderjr
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajk511 View Post
I picked up a Seidio Ledger Case. Nice build quality. Very easy to get the phone in but a little difficult to get it out. DO NOT grab it by the flip cover while trying to remove it. Tore it just the tiniest bit. Completely my fault though, I was tugging pretty hard. Overall I'm pretty happy with it but it doesn't activate the sleep/wake function on my M8. Is it not supposed to or is there a setting I need to change on the phone to activate that feature?
No setting, probably doesn't have a magnet on the flip cover? Should be one that hits the middle left side of the phone to trigger the on/off when opening/closing. Try it with a magnet and you'll see what I mean.

ajk511
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by henderjr View Post
No setting, probably doesn't have a magnet on the flip cover? Should be one that hits the middle left side of the phone to trigger the on/off when opening/closing. Try it with a magnet and you'll see what I mean.
It's got a magnet on the right side to keep the flip closed. Ran a magnet all along the left side and got nothing. Wonder if it's a rom thing though. I'm running viper rom. Does this phone have the screen on/off magnet feature normally? Never tried it before flashing away from stock.

henderjr
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Quote:
It's got a magnet on the right side to keep the flip closed. Ran a magnet all along the left side and got nothing. Wonder if it's a rom thing though. I'm running viper rom. Does this phone have the screen on/off magnet feature normally? Never tried it before flashing away from stock.
I have viper and was just able to do it. Even thinks I have the dot view case on if I leave the magnet on and hit the power button. Don't have a way to show you unfortunately

ajk511
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
I have viper and was just able to do it. Even thinks I have the dot view case on if I leave the magnet on and hit the power button. Don't have a way to show you unfortunately

Where exactly are you putting the magnet?

henderjr
Old
(Last edited by henderjr; 13th May 2014 at 07:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 61
http://youtu.be/vFYqEiIH-dw Used my pc's webcam. Upside down but you get the idea. Left side about 1/4 way in, half way up the phone.

If it doesn't work for you maybe you need to have the dot view app? https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....htc.dotmatrix

ajk511
Old
(Last edited by ajk511; 13th May 2014 at 07:40 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
http://youtu.be/vFYqEiIH-dw Used my pc's webcam. Upside down but you get the idea. Left side about 1/4 way in, half way up the phone.

If it doesn't work for you maybe you need to have the dot view app? https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....htc.dotmatrix
THANKS!. I was putting it right on the edge.

Here is what it did. Used double sided tape and this REALLY thin small round magnet I picked up in a pack at an office supply store. Put the magnet on the screen with the double sided tape on it. Stuck a business card into the car holder slot of the flip and put a piece of tap across the very top of the card to mark exactly where it sits when in the slot. remove the card from the slot and tapped it to the flip. closed the case so that the magnet now stuck to the card. Removed the card, put a piece of tape over the magnet to secure it better to the card and then slid the card back into the card slot. PERFECTION!!

Edit: It will activate DOT VIEW if you flip the case completely over.

henderjr
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Quote:
THANKS!. I was putting it right on the edge.

Here is what it did. Used double sided tape and this REALLY thin small round magnet I picked up in a pack at an office supply store. Put the magnet on the screen with the double sided tape on it. Stuck a business card into the car holder slot of the flip and put a piece of tap across the very top of the card to mark exactly where it sits when in the slot. remove the card from the slot and tapped it to the flip. closed the case so that the magnet now stuck to the card. Removed the card, put a piece of tape over the magnet to secure it better to the card and then slid the card back into the card slot. PERFECTION!!
Glad I could help

wpbcubsfan
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Be careful using any credit cards with a magnet so close to them. Sort of defeats a large purpose of the Ledger case doesn't it/

ajk511
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpbcubsfan View Post
Be careful using any credit cards with a magnet so close to them. Sort of defeats a large purpose of the Ledger case doesn't it/

Actually got it because I wanted a flip case and liked how it looked. Figured I could stash an emergency $20 bill in there and a state ID, but I probably wouldn't ever put a credit card in there