FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Seidio Ledger Case

303 posts
Thanks Meter: 19
 
By ajk511, Senior Member on 13th May 2014, 05:58 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I picked up a Seidio Ledger Case. Nice build quality. Very easy to get the phone in but a little difficult to get it out. DO NOT grab it by the flip cover while trying to remove it. Tore it just the tiniest bit. Completely my fault though, I was tugging pretty hard. Overall I'm pretty happy with it but it doesn't activate the sleep/wake function on my M8. Is it not supposed to or is there a setting I need to change on the phone to activate that feature?
 
 
13th May 2014, 06:03 PM |#2  
henderjr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag LaCrosse, WI
Thanks Meter: 93
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajk511

I picked up a Seidio Ledger Case. Nice build quality. Very easy to get the phone in but a little difficult to get it out. DO NOT grab it by the flip cover while trying to remove it. Tore it just the tiniest bit. Completely my fault though, I was tugging pretty hard. Overall I'm pretty happy with it but it doesn't activate the sleep/wake function on my M8. Is it not supposed to or is there a setting I need to change on the phone to activate that feature?

No setting, probably doesn't have a magnet on the flip cover? Should be one that hits the middle left side of the phone to trigger the on/off when opening/closing. Try it with a magnet and you'll see what I mean.
13th May 2014, 06:11 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by henderjr

No setting, probably doesn't have a magnet on the flip cover? Should be one that hits the middle left side of the phone to trigger the on/off when opening/closing. Try it with a magnet and you'll see what I mean.

It's got a magnet on the right side to keep the flip closed. Ran a magnet all along the left side and got nothing. Wonder if it's a rom thing though. I'm running viper rom. Does this phone have the screen on/off magnet feature normally? Never tried it before flashing away from stock.
13th May 2014, 06:41 PM |#4  
henderjr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag LaCrosse, WI
Thanks Meter: 93
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajk511

It's got a magnet on the right side to keep the flip closed. Ran a magnet all along the left side and got nothing. Wonder if it's a rom thing though. I'm running viper rom. Does this phone have the screen on/off magnet feature normally? Never tried it before flashing away from stock.

I have viper and was just able to do it. Even thinks I have the dot view case on if I leave the magnet on and hit the power button. Don't have a way to show you unfortunately
13th May 2014, 06:54 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by henderjr

I have viper and was just able to do it. Even thinks I have the dot view case on if I leave the magnet on and hit the power button. Don't have a way to show you unfortunately


Where exactly are you putting the magnet?
13th May 2014, 07:02 PM |#6  
henderjr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag LaCrosse, WI
Thanks Meter: 93
 
More
http://youtu.be/vFYqEiIH-dw Used my pc's webcam. Upside down but you get the idea. Left side about 1/4 way in, half way up the phone.

If it doesn't work for you maybe you need to have the dot view app? https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....htc.dotmatrix
Last edited by henderjr; 13th May 2014 at 07:07 PM.
13th May 2014, 07:33 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by henderjr

http://youtu.be/vFYqEiIH-dw Used my pc's webcam. Upside down but you get the idea. Left side about 1/4 way in, half way up the phone.

If it doesn't work for you maybe you need to have the dot view app? https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....htc.dotmatrix

THANKS!. I was putting it right on the edge.

Here is what it did. Used double sided tape and this REALLY thin small round magnet I picked up in a pack at an office supply store. Put the magnet on the screen with the double sided tape on it. Stuck a business card into the car holder slot of the flip and put a piece of tap across the very top of the card to mark exactly where it sits when in the slot. remove the card from the slot and tapped it to the flip. closed the case so that the magnet now stuck to the card. Removed the card, put a piece of tape over the magnet to secure it better to the card and then slid the card back into the card slot. PERFECTION!!


Edit: It will activate DOT VIEW if you flip the case completely over.
Last edited by ajk511; 13th May 2014 at 07:40 PM.
13th May 2014, 07:37 PM |#8  
henderjr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag LaCrosse, WI
Thanks Meter: 93
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajk511

THANKS!. I was putting it right on the edge.

Here is what it did. Used double sided tape and this REALLY thin small round magnet I picked up in a pack at an office supply store. Put the magnet on the screen with the double sided tape on it. Stuck a business card into the car holder slot of the flip and put a piece of tap across the very top of the card to mark exactly where it sits when in the slot. remove the card from the slot and tapped it to the flip. closed the case so that the magnet now stuck to the card. Removed the card, put a piece of tape over the magnet to secure it better to the card and then slid the card back into the card slot. PERFECTION!!

Glad I could help
13th May 2014, 07:50 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Be careful using any credit cards with a magnet so close to them. Sort of defeats a large purpose of the Ledger case doesn't it/
13th May 2014, 08:00 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpbcubsfan

Be careful using any credit cards with a magnet so close to them. Sort of defeats a large purpose of the Ledger case doesn't it/


Actually got it because I wanted a flip case and liked how it looked. Figured I could stash an emergency $20 bill in there and a state ID, but I probably wouldn't ever put a credit card in there
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes