Post Reply

I think I found a solution to the stupid Android System battery drain...

OP JoeFCaputo113

11th May 2014, 04:32 PM   |  #31  
slickdealers's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
101 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJPNut

I get the best battery on stock with everything on! Soon as I root and start debloating and turning things like location off, everything goes downhill.


Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I'm trying this today. I unfroze everything and turned location on.
11th May 2014, 06:04 PM   |  #32  
BigJPNut's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 442
 
1,569 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdealers

I'm trying this today. I unfroze everything and turned location on.

After I updated and did a factory reset this phone has been nothing but a dream. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
12th May 2014, 06:50 PM   |  #33  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
62 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdealers

I'm trying this today. I unfroze everything and turned location on.

How was your day of battery yesterday? Any improvement?

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigslammu

So I've been struggling trying to figure out what is draining as well but for me it seems to be the ANT service. Someone else give this a try and see, but if you enable Developer Options, go to Process Stats, in the top right enable show system states, and then click on android system it shows AntService at 100% and FusedLocationService at 1%. Figured I would post this, hadn't seen anyone else talk about the ANT services. I froze them with no problem yet, going to see if this increases my battery life for a day or two.

Hey, did disabling antService improve you android system battery drain?

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
13th May 2014, 03:36 PM   |  #34  
slickdealers's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
101 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by master4g

How was your day of battery yesterday? Any improvement?

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------



Hey, did disabling antService improve you android system battery drain?

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Not much difference for me. The 3% left is with everything frozen, the 11% left is with everything unfrozen.
I'm sure I could have squeezed out a little more at 11%, but I was tired and ready for bed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-09-23-10-30.png
Views:	219
Size:	255.1 KB
ID:	2741493   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-12-23-31-39.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	2741494  
13th May 2014, 06:29 PM   |  #35  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
62 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdealers

Not much difference for me. The 3% left is with everything frozen, the 11% left is with everything unfrozen.
I'm sure I could have squeezed out a little more at 11%, but I was tired and ready for bed.

Hey, that's still good news. Hat means we can use the phone to the max without worrying about battery. Do you recall the difference in screen on time? Also, what exactly did you keep on? Did you enable high accuracy location? Bluetooth? Google now? Thanks
13th May 2014, 06:46 PM   |  #36  
slickdealers's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
101 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by master4g

Hey, that's still good news. Hat means we can use the phone to the max without worrying about battery. Do you recall the difference in screen on time? Also, what exactly did you keep on? Did you enable high accuracy location? Bluetooth? Google now? Thanks

I think I used the screen a bit more with everything unfrozen than I did with everything frozen. I usually have Bluetooth, Location, and WiFi on all the time. Normally I stream Spotify for 2-3 hours a day. Google Now is always on as well. I have my Google,Yahoo, Facebook, and twitter accounts syncing frequently.

Depending on calls for work, I might use the GPS for 30 minutes. Though I don't think I used it in either of those tests.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Last edited by slickdealers; 13th May 2014 at 06:49 PM.
13th May 2014, 07:52 PM   |  #37  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
62 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdealers

I think I used the screen a bit more with everything unfrozen than I did with everything frozen. I usually have Bluetooth, Location, and WiFi on all the time. Normally I stream Spotify for 2-3 hours a day. Google Now is always on as well. I have my Google,Yahoo, Facebook, and twitter accounts syncing frequently.

Depending on calls for work, I might use the GPS for 30 minutes. Though I don't think I used it in either of those tests.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

OK. I thought it was going to be a more comprehensive "turning off" like, location, bluetooth, google now- all off, along with some frozen apps.

Thats what I have done right now, and still have huge android system drain.
13th May 2014, 07:57 PM   |  #38  
slickdealers's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
101 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by master4g

OK. I thought it was going to be a more comprehensive "turning off" like, location, bluetooth, google now- all off, along with some frozen apps.

Thats what I have done right now, and still have huge android system drain.

It is good though that I have all of these things running and getting a full days worth of use. I wonder what the results would be with nothing syncing, using data, etc. I imagine you could get at least 24 hours with juice to spare.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
13th May 2014, 08:35 PM   |  #39  
Junior Member
Flag Lake Charles
Thanks Meter: 6
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe0113

I did -__-

Sent from a Galaxy 5 light years away

What i usually do when transferring large files or a lot of files is pop my micro sd card out and put it in my standard sd card adapter. put that directly into my sd card slot on my laptop. transferred 18 gb in 15 minutes.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Sprint Galaxy S 5 General by ThreadRank