FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Does always having "Toolbox" feature on drain battery?

5,987 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,565

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Does anyone else keep the Toolbox feature on at all times and do you notice a battery drain? TIA!

15th May 2014, 08:16 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York

Donate to Me
More
Anyone?
15th May 2014, 09:56 PM |#3  
Flag Sunset
Thanks Meter: 6,032

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe0113

Does anyone else keep the Toolbox feature on at all times and do you notice a battery drain? TIA!

I keep it on all the time and I'm getting superb battery life on stock rooted rom, using Greenify although I was getting great battery life with Toolbox on before I rooted.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ramer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th May 2014, 02:27 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramer84015

I keep it on all the time and I'm getting superb battery life on stock rooted rom, using Greenify although I was getting great battery life with Toolbox on before I rooted.

Thanks man, so you literally keep Toolbox on 24/7 no matter what?

Anyone else too?!
17th May 2014, 03:42 AM |#5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag ~/android
Thanks Meter: 13,896

Donate to Me
More
It doesn't matter. The service is always running regardless so leaving the toggle on versus leaving the toggle off is simply a matter of whether you'd like to see it off or not.
The Following User Says Thank You to CNexus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th May 2014, 07:20 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNexus

It doesn't matter. The service is always running regardless so leaving the toggle on versus leaving the toggle off is simply a matter of whether you'd like to see it off or not.

Do you know the service name so I can hibernate it?
17th May 2014, 07:36 AM |#7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag ~/android
Thanks Meter: 13,896

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe0113

Do you know the service name so I can hibernate it?

tw_toolbox
The Following User Says Thank You to CNexus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th May 2014, 09:47 PM |#8  
Flag Waterford,
Thanks Meter: 2

Donate to Me
More
I also used Greenify, its the best battery saving app on the market, if you get the donated version it has some experimental features that can work on system apps, but I wouldn't messed with that to much on SGS5, they work perfectly on my Nexus 5, I would get easily 16 hrs used on my Nexus with Greenify and Xposed Framework working hand in hand. I Greenfiy every app thats in my toolbox, and when I used the app it comes out of hibernation and after words it goes back into hibernation, similar to freezing a app on Titianuim backup.
Last edited by robbnice; 18th May 2014 at 09:49 PM.
30th May 2015, 03:43 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I've just spent two days on twice factory resetting then reinstalling 100+ apps on my Samsung tab to try to stop the "security storage" process pegging at about 20% whenever the screen is on, and finally I realised that having the "toolbox" switched on is the culprit. Just turning it off in the settings makes "security storage" go down from 20% to about 2%, and that makes a clear difference to battery life. Just reporting in this old thread for google to find to help others.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)