Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,416 Members 39,275 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bootloop on NC2

Tip us?

cmatulich
Old
(Last edited by cmatulich; 13th May 2014 at 04:50 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Bootloop on NC2

Okay Ive been searching around for solutions for my bootloop and most people are obviously saying odin back to mje. I was wondering how odin will recognize my phone if it keeps powering off and on. Yes I tried to hold the power home and volume up key. It boots up, vibrates twice, says recovery booting... then powers down, repeats. I removed the battery and that didnt help. Any thoughts, Im on beans stock nc2 odexed rom. I also tried the tutorial in thread about bootloops, I held down power home and volume down but nothing changes it still is trying to boot into recovery , then turns off and repeats.

-the whole reason this came about is when I was going to power down so I held the power button and then the custom 4 option power down menu came up and i accidentally clicked recovery when I meant to push power off, then this happened-

xxperrin
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Use volume DOWN +home +power then when the menu comes up press volume up. Then you are in Odin mode. You said you are pressing volume UP + home + pwr. That is wrong.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

airmaxx23
Old
Thanks Meter 959
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmatulich View Post
Okay Ive been searching around for solutions for my bootloop and most people are obviously saying odin back to mje. I was wondering how odin will recognize my phone if it keeps powering off and on. Yes I tried to hold the power home and volume up key. It boots up, vibrates twice, says recovery booting... then powers down, repeats. I removed the battery and that didnt help. Any thoughts, Im on beans stock nc2 odexed rom.
You need to hold Power, Home and Volume Down to get into download mode to flash MJE with Odin.
*** Please don't forget to hit the "Thanks" button if someone has helped you ***

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in-between is mine"

dhufford81
Old
Thanks Meter 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmatulich View Post
Okay Ive been searching around for solutions for my bootloop and most people are obviously saying odin back to mje. I was wondering how odin will recognize my phone if it keeps powering off and on. Yes I tried to hold the power home and volume up key. It boots up, vibrates twice, says recovery booting... then powers down, repeats. I removed the battery and that didnt help. Any thoughts, Im on beans stock nc2 odexed rom.
Power down completely and then hold vol down, home and power. That boots you into download mode which you use to flash MJE with odin. If/when you get into download mode, it shouldn't reboot. If it does then you have other problems!

cmatulich
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by airmaxx23 View Post
You need to hold Power, Home and Volume Down to get into download mode to flash MJE with Odin.
I cant manually power down because of this boot loop, so i removed the battery, as soon as my battery touches the metal prongs to connect, the phone boots up and tries to boot into recovery , when it restarted I tried what all of you said, power, home and volume DOWN and nothing happens

xxperrin
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Make sure you have all three buttons pressed when you put in battery.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk