Radio modems (MB1) and Texting

Search This thread

jeremy702

Jun 17, 2010
Duke City
So we know going to anything above a MB1 modem on none touchwiz ROMs causes texts to start to not get sent until you go back to MB1/TW and let the phone reregister the SIM; but has there been any progress into maybe finding out why? Was there a new modem on the Rogers 4.3 update that might have fixed that? Is there something in TW that does the registration to VZW that should get added to the none TW ROMs?

deewan a16

Aug 31, 2012
Miui for vzw galaxy s3 had similar issues...but have not found any help on this issue any where else..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

carngeX

Jun 30, 2010
I'm on ML1 with Hellkat 4.4.2 (CM based) and haven't had any texting issues.

Is this only on the stock app? I'm using GoSMS and haven't had any issues.

carngeX

Jun 30, 2010
It's an issue based on peoples locations. Consider yourself lucky to be unaffected.

Sounded like most people affected were East-coast, right? I'm Midwest, so that could be why.

I also read that they were all using the stock messaging app though, too, and people thought it could be somehow tied to some sort of "signature" the stock AOSP/CM messaging app sends it's SMS messages. Didn't see anybody mention if they were using a different texting app like GoSMS, Chomp, or Handcent.

jeremy702

Jun 17, 2010
Duke City
Sounded like most people affected were East-coast, right? I'm Midwest, so that could be why.

I also read that they were all using the stock messaging app though, too, and people thought it could be somehow tied to some sort of "signature" the stock AOSP/CM messaging app sends it's SMS messages. Didn't see anybody mention if they were using a different texting app like GoSMS, Chomp, or Handcent.

I'm effected here in New Mexico.. it works for a while then stops. So I went back to MB1 and I'm staying there for now. Sucks, but at least I can text. It's a silly problem to have too, since the only way to get it back is to do the TW thing.

carngeX

Jun 30, 2010
I'm effected here in New Mexico.. it works for a while then stops. So I went back to MB1 and I'm staying there for now. Sucks, but at least I can text. It's a silly problem to have too, since the only way to get it back is to do the TW thing.

Are you using the stock texting app or a 3rd party app? Nobody is saying what texting app they're using, besides a few that mentioned they were just using stock.

jeremy702

Jun 17, 2010
Duke City
Are you using the stock texting app or a 3rd party app? Nobody is saying what texting app they're using, besides a few that mentioned they were just using stock.

I was using the stock messaging app. I also tried a few others GoSMS and another one and none of them changed the fact that until I did airplane mode on/off I couldn't send a text. once airplane mode was cycled i could send one text.. or when another one came in, then one text.

I was using the stock messaging app. I also tried a few others GoSMS and another one and none of them changed the fact that until I did airplane mode on/off I couldn't send a text. once airplane mode was cycled i could send one text.. or when another one came in, then one text.

I live in central PA and had the issue where I could only send 1 sms/mms and had to reboot. I was on the ML1 modem (with MF1 firmware) and what worked for me and others is to go back to a TW rom. Then flash the MB1 AIO firmware. Make sure you can send multiple sms/mms. If they go through, you should be good to use AOSP roms. After doing this, I tried CM11, C-Rom and PacMan and all 3 allowed me to send sms/mms. The key is to stay on the MB1 modem. Don't upgrade to a more recent modem.

cooldman224

Aug 13, 2011
Arlington VA
Sony Xperia 5 II
I live in central PA and had the issue where I could only send 1 sms/mms and had to reboot. I was on the ML1 modem (with MF1 firmware) and what worked for me and others is to go back to a TW rom. Then flash the MB1 AIO firmware. Make sure you can send multiple sms/mms. If they go through, you should be good to use AOSP roms. After doing this, I tried CM11, C-Rom and PacMan and all 3 allowed me to send sms/mms. The key is to stay on the MB1 modem. Don't upgrade to a more recent modem.
Yeah pretty much this. I'm in VA and had the texting issue with the ML1 modem and the MF1 firmware. Right now I'm on the MB1 modem and the MB1 firmware and all is well.