Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,536 Members 53,983 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy S4 bad front facing camera frame rate in low light

Tip us?

dhaddad12
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Galaxy S4 bad front facing camera frame rate in low light

Hello guys, I have a Galaxy S4 and whenever i use the front facing camera in third party apps it sucks really bad in low lighting conditions. My old iPhone 4S wasn't even this bad.... Any help is appreciated. Even in Snapchat it has really bad frame rates using the front facing camera in "low light" conditions. Please help.

mcbeat257
Old
(Last edited by mcbeat257; 13th May 2014 at 08:48 PM.) Reason: Another Question
Thanks Meter 3
Default Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaddad12 View Post
Hello guys, I have a Galaxy S4 and whenever i use the front facing camera in third party apps it sucks really bad in low lighting conditions. My old iPhone 4S wasn't even this bad.... Any help is appreciated. Even in Snapchat it has really bad frame rates using the front facing camera in "low light" conditions. Please help.
Hi dhaddad12,

You probably have too many apps running in the background or have too many apps on your device. I suggest deleting some of those and see if that helps. Remember, every single piece of memory is vital for your device to run to its full potential.

Also, are you rooted or not and if so, have you flashed any ROMS on it yet?

mcbeat257
Galaxy S4 Verizon SCH-I545 With 4.4.2 Kit-Kat Root

dhaddad12
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbeat257 View Post
Hi dhaddad12,

You probably have too many apps running in the background or have too many apps on your device. I suggest deleting some of those and see if that helps. Remember, every single piece of memory is vital for your device to run to its full potential.

Also, are you rooted or not and if so, have you flashed any ROMS on it yet?
I have about 7 gigs of data left on the internal storage. I do not have a micro SD card installed on it. And i havent rooted it or flashed any ROMS to it. I've rooted my HTC EVO before, but i never flashed. You havent experienced this issue when skyping in low light? It looks really cruddy...