Ask a question

No registration required

Self bricked?

OP mike t

16th April 2014, 09:44 PM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 62

195 posts
If it was a EMMC brick it would not boot into recovery or download mode would it?

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk 2
17th April 2014, 04:40 PM   |  #12  
Flag West Coast of California
Thanks Meter: 1,684

4,451 posts
More
JTAG is usually the last resort after flashing wrong roms or kernels, but it sounds like this is the last resort, and it works.
The Following User Says Thank You to rangercaptain For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2014, 04:49 AM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member

195 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangercaptain

JTAG is usually the last resort after flashing wrong roms or kernels, but it sounds like this is the last resort, and it works.

Yea, but the weird thing is that this phone has never been rooted or messed with in any way.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app
20th April 2014, 07:55 AM   |  #14  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 1,467

2,346 posts
More
So what stock firmware were you on ?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2618447

Try everything in Post #1 from above... It's what you already have done.
But as soon as the phone boots from the ODIN flash. Pull the battery and do the factory reset.
The Following User Says Thank You to dicksteele For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th April 2014, 07:19 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 2

10 posts
I have a sph-l900 and I'm in the same boat. My recovery mode is all in red and won't go past the note 2 logo on start up. I never rooted out fear something like this happening and yet it has. I've tried every stock tar file with Odin but getting "nand start write" followed by "failed". I'm posting on here because this is the only other image I have found that looks like what I have
1st May 2014, 05:27 PM   |  #16  
Flag B.F.E.
Thanks Meter: 3,720

4,388 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgemidnight13

I have a sph-l900 and I'm in the same boat. My recovery mode is all in red and won't go past the note 2 logo on start up. I never rooted out fear something like this happening and yet it has. I've tried every stock tar file with Odin but getting "nand start write" followed by "failed". I'm posting on here because this is the only other image I have found that looks like what I have

Not recommended that you flash anything from this section ...
Sph-i900 is a windows phone with massive chipset differences...(omnia with win 6.1)using an intel marvell cpu)...

Flashing anything from the note 2 section will perma-brick your device....g

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
1st May 2014, 07:41 PM   |  #17  

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsarg

Not recommended that you flash anything from this section ...
Sph-i900 is a windows phone with massive chipset differences...(omnia with win 6.1)using an intel marvell cpu)...

Flashing anything from the note 2 section will perma-brick your device....g

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I have a Sph-L900 (sorry for the misunderstanding) which is the Sprint Note 2. I was looking at this thread because the picture shows exactly the current problem my phone is having and with the same situation of not rooting it. I was looking to see if anyone had additional information since trying to flash stock rom keeps giving the fail notice on odin
The Following User Says Thank You to Surgemidnight13 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th May 2014, 11:13 PM   |  #18  
OP Senior Member

195 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgemidnight13

I have a Sph-L900 (sorry for the misunderstanding) which is the Sprint Note 2. I was looking at this thread because the picture shows exactly the current problem my phone is having and with the same situation of not rooting it. I was looking to see if anyone had additional information since trying to flash stock rom keeps giving the fail notice on odin

Just curious if you ever found a solution.
13th May 2014, 11:23 PM   |  #19  

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike t

Just curious if you ever found a solution.

After exhausting every possible solution people gave me or I could come across, I caved in and sent it to Samsung repair. Turns out it was hardware that needed replacing. I heard it could just be a damaged internal memory or caused by a virus, but Samsung has fixed it for $70 and I should be getting it back this week.

The Following User Says Thank You to Surgemidnight13 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread