Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,254 Members 36,239 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Self bricked?

Tip us?

mike t
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
If it was a EMMC brick it would not boot into recovery or download mode would it?

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk 2

rangercaptain
Old
Thanks Meter 1,671
JTAG is usually the last resort after flashing wrong roms or kernels, but it sounds like this is the last resort, and it works.
The Following User Says Thank You to rangercaptain For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mike t
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangercaptain View Post
JTAG is usually the last resort after flashing wrong roms or kernels, but it sounds like this is the last resort, and it works.
Yea, but the weird thing is that this phone has never been rooted or messed with in any way.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

dicksteele
Old
Thanks Meter 1,264
So what stock firmware were you on ?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2618447

Try everything in Post #1 from above... It's what you already have done.
But as soon as the phone boots from the ODIN flash. Pull the battery and do the factory reset.
"I suppose you could say that everyone has an El Guapo. For some, shyness may be an El Guapo. For others, lack of education may be an El Guapo. But for us, El Guapo is a large ugly man who wants to kill us!" But as sure as my name is Lucky Day, the people of Santa Poco can conquer their own personal El Guapo, who also happens to be *the actual* El Guapo! 3 Amigos
The Following User Says Thank You to dicksteele For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Surgemidnight13
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I have a sph-l900 and I'm in the same boat. My recovery mode is all in red and won't go past the note 2 logo on start up. I never rooted out fear something like this happening and yet it has. I've tried every stock tar file with Odin but getting "nand start write" followed by "failed". I'm posting on here because this is the only other image I have found that looks like what I have

gregsarg
Old
Thanks Meter 3,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgemidnight13 View Post
I have a sph-l900 and I'm in the same boat. My recovery mode is all in red and won't go past the note 2 logo on start up. I never rooted out fear something like this happening and yet it has. I've tried every stock tar file with Odin but getting "nand start write" followed by "failed". I'm posting on here because this is the only other image I have found that looks like what I have
Not recommended that you flash anything from this section ...
Sph-i900 is a windows phone with massive chipset differences...(omnia with win 6.1)using an intel marvell cpu)...

Flashing anything from the note 2 section will perma-brick your device....g

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
" There are Givers, and there are Takers. Be a Giver, and these things will come back to you. "......................g

And please, donate to your favorite developer...
Without them, we'd be writing on rocks with a stick...g

Surgemidnight13
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsarg View Post
Not recommended that you flash anything from this section ...
Sph-i900 is a windows phone with massive chipset differences...(omnia with win 6.1)using an intel marvell cpu)...

Flashing anything from the note 2 section will perma-brick your device....g

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I have a Sph-L900 (sorry for the misunderstanding) which is the Sprint Note 2. I was looking at this thread because the picture shows exactly the current problem my phone is having and with the same situation of not rooting it. I was looking to see if anyone had additional information since trying to flash stock rom keeps giving the fail notice on odin
The Following User Says Thank You to Surgemidnight13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mike t
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgemidnight13 View Post
I have a Sph-L900 (sorry for the misunderstanding) which is the Sprint Note 2. I was looking at this thread because the picture shows exactly the current problem my phone is having and with the same situation of not rooting it. I was looking to see if anyone had additional information since trying to flash stock rom keeps giving the fail notice on odin
Just curious if you ever found a solution.

Surgemidnight13
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike t View Post
Just curious if you ever found a solution.
After exhausting every possible solution people gave me or I could come across, I caved in and sent it to Samsung repair. Turns out it was hardware that needed replacing. I heard it could just be a damaged internal memory or caused by a virus, but Samsung has fixed it for $70 and I should be getting it back this week.

The Following User Says Thank You to Surgemidnight13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]