Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,176 Members 51,403 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Error (Status 0) on any ROM Flash.

Tip us?

Jared631
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21

DONATE TO ME
Default Error (Status 0) on any ROM Flash.

New too this whole phone, but I've rooted & ROM'd the Kindle Fire (Gen 1.) Samsung Galaxy S3, LG Vortex, and a few other devices so I'm not stupid when it comes too this stuff.

I've never been a fan of CWM, but anyways I used the AIO Vibrant Toolbox too root it, then I added a recovery with the Custom ROM Button, selected the zip and it *Eventually* got me int CWMR v2.5.0.4, I downloaded c-Rom, and http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2535547, I tried both but they each fail with
"Installing Update...
E: Error in /sdcard/ROM.zip
(Status 0)
Installation Aborted"

I wiped Dalvik, Factory Reset, Wiped Cache, eevrything. But nothing seems too have worked.
If you found my post helpful, please click the "Thanks" button.
LG Vortex Utility Developer
Kindle Fire Utility - 2nd GEN
WIN-GET - Not Phone Related.
Code:
     WScript.Echo "Hello There!"

v4vamp
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Smile Same problem

Hi I'm currently having the same problem and I also have experience rooting other devices with no problem. I even re rooted the device from the beginning and still a no go. If anyone has any solution to our problems please reply thanks.

Jared631
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21

DONATE TO ME
Bumping, any help available?
If you found my post helpful, please click the "Thanks" button.
LG Vortex Utility Developer
Kindle Fire Utility - 2nd GEN
WIN-GET - Not Phone Related.
Code:
     WScript.Echo "Hello There!"

dzee206
Old
Thanks Meter 420
depends on what version of android your'e running, i'm assuming 2.2 since you just rooted it. so grab a cm7, cm 10.2, cm11 or any 4.4.2 rom and a 4.4.2 kernel as well. first flash cm7 and let it fully boot into the os, afterwards boot back into recovery and flash cm 10.2 same as before let it boot, now flash that 4.4.2 kernel and while in same recovery session choose "reboot recovery" option now go ahead and flash what ever kitkat rom you like...
DEVICE: Vibrant-T959
ROM: L-Droid 3.0.0
KERNEL: Stock CM

v4vamp
Old
(Last edited by v4vamp; 13th May 2014 at 08:43 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Actually I rooted mine to stock eclair from 2.2. I wasn't sure if I needed to stay because all the guides showed to go to 2.1. It is currently rooted with stock rom and I haven't been able to get further than that.

dzee206
Old
Thanks Meter 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by v4vamp View Post
Actually I rooted mine to stock eclair from 2.2. I wasn't sure if I needed to stay because all the guides showed to go to 2.1. It is currently rooted with stock rom and I haven't been able to get further than that.
try what i mentioned in my previous comment, it should get your device up to date.
DEVICE: Vibrant-T959
ROM: L-Droid 3.0.0
KERNEL: Stock CM