Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,050 Members 42,874 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] cwm or twrp

Tip us?

dantheman4207
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default [Q] cwm or twrp

wanna try flashing my first rom prob cm 11 or beanstalk which recovery is best and why thanks guys

TheMighyLoki
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantheman4207 View Post
wanna try flashing my first rom prob cm 11 or beanstalk which recovery is best and why thanks guys
I have used both, and I like the touch screens on TWRP but it has stop working from time to time. CWM has always worked for me, but no touch screen. Sometime the OLD WAYS ARE THE BEST WAYS. Just my opinion.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheMighyLoki For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dantheman4207
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMighyLoki View Post
I have used both, and I like the touch screens on TWRP but it has stop working from time to time. CWM has always worked for me, but no touch screen. Sometime the OLD WAYS ARE THE BEST WAYS. Just my opinion.
so how would you use it with no touch screen thanks by the way

TheMighyLoki
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
so how would you use it with no touch screen thanks by the way
Up and Down volume to move up or down and the power button to select what function you want to perform.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheMighyLoki For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dantheman4207
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMighyLoki View Post
Up and Down volume to move up or down and the power button to select what function you want to perform.
thanks bud on a dif subject what rom do you run and do you recommend it to me and why

TheMighyLoki
Old
(Last edited by TheMighyLoki; 11th May 2014 at 12:57 AM.) Reason: I FLASHED IT.
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
thanks bud on a dif subject what rom do you run and do you recommend it to me and why
I have tried BEANSTALK 4.4.2 and VANIR 4.1.2 - 4.4.2. both were very fast but both ran the battery down to fast for me. Right now I am running stock, with all of the apps, that I do not want to run, disabled. I purchased Rom Toolbox pro to play with the look and feel of the phone and use the CPU Control for better battery life. I have been looking at Carbon so I may flash it in a minute.

Ok so I flashed Carbon and man I LOVE THIS Rom. So far so good, but I did (with the help of other) have to fix a couple of things, but this rom is the $h1T.

bogaggas
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Hi
Could you guide me to the right thread, if available, or maybe state the steps you took to install CWM and have it work properly on your device, if possible?
I am really finding it confusing to install a recovery on the E-988 OGPro. There are many comments on the recovery threads where users are getting it wrong or where OPs fail to update or clarify the process of installing the recovery. Thanks in advance.

abumy
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Does freegee work with the 988? It seemed like a pretty straightforward method. I used it for twrp and it worked flawlessly.

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app