Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

[Q] cwm or twrp

8th May 2014, 04:24 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10

43 posts
wanna try flashing my first rom prob cm 11 or beanstalk which recovery is best and why thanks guys
8th May 2014, 08:55 PM   |  #2  
Flag 32 44' 44" N / 96 59' 51" W
Thanks Meter: 12

77 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantheman4207

wanna try flashing my first rom prob cm 11 or beanstalk which recovery is best and why thanks guys

I have used both, and I like the touch screens on TWRP but it has stop working from time to time. CWM has always worked for me, but no touch screen. Sometime the OLD WAYS ARE THE BEST WAYS. Just my opinion.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheMighyLoki For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th May 2014, 10:30 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

43 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMighyLoki

I have used both, and I like the touch screens on TWRP but it has stop working from time to time. CWM has always worked for me, but no touch screen. Sometime the OLD WAYS ARE THE BEST WAYS. Just my opinion.

so how would you use it with no touch screen thanks by the way
8th May 2014, 10:35 PM   |  #4  

77 posts
More
Quote:

so how would you use it with no touch screen thanks by the way

Up and Down volume to move up or down and the power button to select what function you want to perform.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheMighyLoki For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th May 2014, 11:30 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

43 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMighyLoki

Up and Down volume to move up or down and the power button to select what function you want to perform.

thanks bud on a dif subject what rom do you run and do you recommend it to me and why
9th May 2014, 01:09 AM   |  #6  

77 posts
More
Quote:

thanks bud on a dif subject what rom do you run and do you recommend it to me and why

I have tried BEANSTALK 4.4.2 and VANIR 4.1.2 - 4.4.2. both were very fast but both ran the battery down to fast for me. Right now I am running stock, with all of the apps, that I do not want to run, disabled. I purchased Rom Toolbox pro to play with the look and feel of the phone and use the CPU Control for better battery life. I have been looking at Carbon so I may flash it in a minute.

Ok so I flashed Carbon and man I LOVE THIS Rom. So far so good, but I did (with the help of other) have to fix a couple of things, but this rom is the $h1T.
Last edited by TheMighyLoki; 11th May 2014 at 12:57 AM. Reason: I FLASHED IT.
13th May 2014, 03:20 PM   |  #7  
Flag Jahra
Thanks Meter: 9

54 posts
Hi
Could you guide me to the right thread, if available, or maybe state the steps you took to install CWM and have it work properly on your device, if possible?
I am really finding it confusing to install a recovery on the E-988 OGPro. There are many comments on the recovery threads where users are getting it wrong or where OPs fail to update or clarify the process of installing the recovery. Thanks in advance.
13th May 2014, 11:47 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 47

287 posts
Does freegee work with the 988? It seemed like a pretty straightforward method. I used it for twrp and it worked flawlessly.

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Optimus G Pro Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank