Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,279 Members 52,044 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 4G LTE Not Working

Tip us?

jeydax
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] 4G LTE Not Working

Guys I've tried searching and tried damn near anything I can think of/find here on XDA and other sites.

Over the weekend I got a little sick of my GPS not locking on my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-I535. I was running CleanRom 7 and I believe I was on MB1 - I could be wrong on the basebad that I was on.

Anyways, after doing my normal reading to see what the latest and greatest things going on are I decided I wanted to do a complete wipe like I'd done in the past, update to MF1 firmware, update my radio to ML1, then put a fresh install of CleamRom 7 on there.

So I used to did a format of my external SD then a factory wipe/reset & cache wipe in CWR. I then went directly into Odin mode (Home Button/Volume Down/Power) and flashed the root66_VZW_I535VRBMA2.7z from this thread. I installed EzUnlocker and RomManager. I unlocked the phone, then flashed CWR. I first did a factory wipe/reset, I then flashed the MF1 firmware, followed by the ML1 radio, and finally Clean Rom 7.

Everything was fine except my 4G LTE would not turn on - 3G works fine but no 4G LTE. I've tried everything I could possibly think of. I've flashed to the prerooted MA2 linked above in Odin. I've tried the 2-3 suggestions in this thread, I've tried making my own APN settings, I've tried the thread which has links for people who are returning their phone to Verizon (plain jane stock). Nothing. All of those bring me the same result: Everything works perfectly fine, but the 4G LTE never shows up. It doesn't matter where I am - I know it is not a network outtage as people in the office have no issues and I always have a connection here and at home.

I've already ordered a new SIM card which should show up tomorrow but did I miss anything? I tried everything I could think of. As of right now I'm back at square one where I'd gone back to MA2, flashed MF1 + ML2 firmware, and back on Clean Rom 7. Stuck with 3G. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

jeydax
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Just Odin flashed the VRALG1 4.0 ICS to bring it back to stock found here in Section 5: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1762709. Still no luck.

Am I correct in saying when flashing that it is also flashing the modem/firmware? I want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

alamn8r
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I had the same problem not too long ago. My issue was the PRL usually 4G PRL starts with 15xxx but if you go into settings-->about phone-->status you should check to see whether it is a 15xxx or 3xxxx. If the latter a new sim card should fix it right up.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app

jeydax
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by alamn8r View Post
I had the same problem not too long ago. My issue was the PRL usually 4G PRL starts with 15xxx but if you go into settings-->about phone-->status you should check to see whether it is a 15xxx or 3xxxx. If the latter a new sim card should fix it right up.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app
FYI a new SIM cleared it right up.