Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,692 Members 52,254 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

My PC have gtx 460 could I play PC game on Nvidia shield?

Tip us?

tleung927
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default My PC have gtx 460 could I play PC game on Nvidia shield?

Just got it from my friend as gift. But seems my pc doesn't meet the min requirement. But I guess XDA will always have a way to do it!

Solarenemy68
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by tleung927 View Post
Just got it from my friend as gift. But seems my pc doesn't meet the min requirement. But I guess XDA will always have a way to do it!
+What does your PC video card have to do with playing a game on the shield? I was under the impression the Shield was a stand alone unit and had it's on Tegra 4 core GPU. All you need a PC for is to move the game to the Shield. Now are you asking if you can play a game that is on the shield on your PC, that depends on the game requirements.

KingpinZero
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Cmon dude, he's asking if he can stream content via game streaming.

In that case tleung927 no you cant, you don't meet the requirements. The 460 is an old albeit capable fermi card but it lacks the hardware chipset to do the streaming.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9305 utilizzando Tapatalk

John6670
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yeah, on the Desktop side you'll need atleast a GTX650 or more to be able to stream.

On the laptop side, you'll need a GTX660m or more.

http://shield.nvidia.com/play-pc-games/

tleung927
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingpinZero View Post
Cmon dude, he's asking if he can stream content via game streaming.

In that case tleung927 no you cant, you don't meet the requirements. The 460 is an old albeit capable fermi card but it lacks the hardware chipset to do the streaming.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9305 utilizzando Tapatalk
Ya this is my question so I had to buy a new computer to play the shield is that worth? Does the game lag during playing? And if play not in the same network is it lag?

Sent from my SM-N900A using Tapatalk

solidsn
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tleung927 View Post
Ya this is my question so I had to buy a new computer to play the shield is that worth? Does the game lag during playing? And if play not in the same network is it lag?

Sent from my SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Just simply connect to your home network with ethernet or wifi on the shield to your GTX 650 PC. With the 650 card there should be no lag if you have high speed internet. I have the minimum requirements to stream from my pc and there is no lag. But there is always a bug or too so always make sure you are on an update and driver that works. Do not update everything unless something is not working properly. I have noticed that sometimes when I update to the newest driver or firmware, something stops working.
This is a thinking persons game. Things do not always work right out of the box no matter how much money it costs. Its sad how I can build a pc from scratch for half the cost and someone else with no knowledge has to pay a lot more.
Its actually not too complicated to build your own pc. Start with the video card and always shoot for the one thats $250, because thats all you will need. $600 dollar card will give some extra FPS but not $400 worth. Just wait and buy half a year old tech or even a year old tech. Much cheaper and still does all it needs to do. Waste of money to buy tech when tech first made.

OK BYE.

Motawa88
Old
Thanks Meter 19
no!