Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,037 Members 52,468 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HELP] Sort of Bricked my GS4

Tip us?
 
Schoejac000
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: May 2014
Default [HELP] Sort of Bricked my GS4

Im new to owning an android, and thought it would be a good idea to root and flash a custom rom onto my Sprint Galaxy s4 sph-l720, Not a good idea. I found some good tutorials to flash the stock rom back onto the phone. I've tried every guide and tutorial there is, but everytime, odin fails. I don't know what i am doing wrong, i may be trying to load the wrong firmware, i am not sure. I was on 4.4.2 Kitkat when i flashed my first custom rom onto my phone, my current custom rom is on 4.4.2, This is very frustrating and at the moment, i do not have a working phone until i can get Odin to stop failing. Thanks for reading. Quick replies would be appreciated!
 
LS.xD
Old
#2  
LS.xD's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 585
Posts: 1,854
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Lübeck

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoejac000 View Post
Im new to owning an android, and thought it would be a good idea to root and flash a custom rom onto my Sprint Galaxy s4 sph-l720, Not a good idea. I found some good tutorials to flash the stock rom back onto the phone. I've tried every guide and tutorial there is, but everytime, odin fails. I don't know what i am doing wrong, i may be trying to load the wrong firmware, i am not sure. I was on 4.4.2 Kitkat when i flashed my first custom rom onto my phone, my current custom rom is on 4.4.2, This is very frustrating and at the moment, i do not have a working phone until i can get Odin to stop failing. Thanks for reading. Quick replies would be appreciated!


Which firmware version was originally installed on your phone? Have you uninstalled KIES before flashing the firware?
HTC One S @ PAC-man 4.4.2 [ALPHA1] [12/5/2014] + IceCode Kernel v4.0 // HBoot 2.15 - unlocked BL - S-OFF - NO "tampered & warning text" // TWRP mod 2.7.0.8

Samsung Galaxy W @ ParanoidAndroid 4.3 [BETA3] [6/5/2014] + KhaN Kernel v2.0 // Base: I8150XXLMI // PhilZ CWM 6.01.4

"REVIVED" HTC Wildfire S @ CyanogenMod 11(AWESOME!!!) [6/5/2014] //HBoot 1.09 - unlocked BL // TWRP 2.7.0.0


It won't hurt you to press "thanks" if me or someone other helped you...
 
Schoejac000
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS.xD View Post
Which firmware version was originally installed on your phone? Have you uninstalled KIES before flashing the firware?
Like i said im new to owning an android (had an iphone before), Didn't check before updating it right out of the box. And to be honest i have no idea what KIES... Im a noob, sorry.
 
LS.xD
Old
(Last edited by LS.xD; 14th May 2014 at 01:33 AM.)
#4  
LS.xD's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 585
Posts: 1,854
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Lübeck

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoejac000 View Post
Like i said im new to owning an android (had an iphone before), Didn't check before updating it right out of the box. And to be honest i have no idea what KIES... Im a noob, sorry.

KIES = Samsung's Windows application that communicates with you phone to sync files or update the phone.


THIS is the 4.4.2 firmware for Sprint Galaxy S4.
HTC One S @ PAC-man 4.4.2 [ALPHA1] [12/5/2014] + IceCode Kernel v4.0 // HBoot 2.15 - unlocked BL - S-OFF - NO "tampered & warning text" // TWRP mod 2.7.0.8

Samsung Galaxy W @ ParanoidAndroid 4.3 [BETA3] [6/5/2014] + KhaN Kernel v2.0 // Base: I8150XXLMI // PhilZ CWM 6.01.4

"REVIVED" HTC Wildfire S @ CyanogenMod 11(AWESOME!!!) [6/5/2014] //HBoot 1.09 - unlocked BL // TWRP 2.7.0.0


It won't hurt you to press "thanks" if me or someone other helped you...
The Following User Says Thank You to LS.xD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Schoejac000
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS.xD View Post
KIES = Samsung's Windows application that communicates with you phone to sync files or update the phone.
It's the sprint SPH-l720
 
Schoejac000
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: May 2014
[QUOTE=LS.xD;52637933]KIES = Samsung's Windows application that communicates with you phone to sync files or update the phone.


Alright, thank you very much! i will reply if it works or not
 
Schoejac000
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: May 2014
[QUOTE=LS.xD;52637933]KIES = Samsung's Windows application that communicates with you phone to sync files or update the phone.

It worked! I cannot thank you enough! Thank you so much

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Software Build Automation with Jenkins – XDA Developer TV

Many members of the XDA community come to learn and begin in the exciting … more

Add Bits and Pieces of Honami to Your Current ROM

In the last few months, we’ve talked about quite a few Sony Honami-related projects. … more

Always Enter the Correct Password with HideNoPasswords

If you’ve ever entered apassword on your mobile device, you’ve surely … more

Revert to Stock Recovery Effortless with Simple Recovery Switcher

Android updates released as OTA packages are very easy to apply,but they … more