Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,758 Members 46,343 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Installing any ROM on C6943

Tip us?

albertmed98
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Installing any ROM on C6943

Hi there everybody!

I've been following the xda for almost two years now, first to mod my old GS3 and now I keep it up with the Z1. You guys rocks!

My Z1 (C6943) is running a C6903 .534 (by NUT), rooted, with last dualrecovery working properly. I've been trying to install the iHackers 4.1 lately. My problem is that when I try to install the .zip file through the TWRP I get the message that it cannot open the file, along with (bad) and finally aborting the installation. Is there any solution to this? I have downloaded the file again but no luck either. Am I doing something really dumb?

I hope you understand my poor english, I'm trying to improve
Thanks in advance and have a great day.

HannibalSmith12
Old
(Last edited by HannibalSmith12; 14th May 2014 at 05:38 AM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by albertmed98 View Post
Hi there everybody!

I've been following the xda for almost two years now, first to mod my old GS3 and now I keep it up with the Z1. You guys rocks!

My Z1 (C6943) is running a C6903 .534 (by NUT), rooted, with last dualrecovery working properly. I've been trying to install the iHackers 4.1 lately. My problem is that when I try to install the .zip file through the TWRP I get the message that it cannot open the file, along with (bad) and finally aborting the installation. Is there any solution to this? I have downloaded the file again but no luck either. Am I doing something really dumb?

I hope you understand my poor english, I'm trying to improve
Thanks in advance and have a great day.

Hey
You mentioned that you use dual recovery. Did you try to install the zip with philz touch (volume up when the phone vibrates) after you tried with twrp?

Gesendet von meinem Xperia Z1 mit Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to HannibalSmith12 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

albertmed98
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by HannibalSmith12 View Post
Hey
You mentioned that you use dual recovery. Did you try to install the zip with philz touch (volume up when the phone vibrates) after you tried with twrp?

Hey!
Yes...I've tried but still no luck. I'm gonna try once again to see if it works and post later. Thanks!

albertmed98
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Still not working. It has worked one time, but when I flash de kernel and baseband it get stuck on Sony logo. I've been trying this for days and still can't get done.

HannibalSmith12
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Still not working. It has worked one time, but when I flash de kernel and baseband it get stuck on Sony logo. I've been trying this for days and still can't get done.
You did "wipe data/factory reset" before trying to install the zip? And what about your bootloader, locked or unlocked?
You probably already know this but there are two step by step guides (one for locked and the other for unlocked bootloader). Just in case you didn't recognize it:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2716182

The Following User Says Thank You to HannibalSmith12 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

albertmed98
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by HannibalSmith12 View Post
You did "wipe data/factory reset" before trying to install the zip? And what about your bootloader, locked or unlocked?
You probably already know this but there are two step by step guides (one for locked and the other for unlocked bootloader). Just in case you didn't recognize it:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2716182

I'm into LB. I finally solve the problem and I think the cause is my micro SD, it cannot mount/unmount files. Thanks for the help!

HannibalSmith12
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
I'm into LB. I finally solve the problem and I think the cause is my micro SD, it cannot mount/unmount files. Thanks for the help!
You're welcome