Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,145 Members 44,630 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Freezing and Locking up on Nexus 7 2012 and 2013

Tip us?

choder
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Freezing and Locking up on Nexus 7 2012 and 2013

I have one 2012 nexus 7 and a 2013 2nd gen Nexus 7.

They both experience the same problem. They both randomly freeze or lock up when going to a different screen. For example if I click a browser link in my gmail app, it will freeze. The only way I have found to fix this is to press the recent apps button twice and then it will un freeze and go to the browser.

It will do this on any application or setting. It does not do this all the time. It does this about 70% of the time, and other times the tablet switches screens without a problem.

Here is a video that I took that shows the problem. I used the setting screen as an example.
I have searched and found no answers to this problem. I have even tried different roms to no luck.
This is an example on the nexus 7 2012

http://youtu.be/uHFezkqzjAw

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,583
Just clean flash the stock android version you like and start fresh.

Tho one point....if they both have a similar issue...it could very well be a bad app both devices have installed.
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life? Any device welcome, even tho its an N5 thread. Please specify if on a device other than N5. Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

martusc
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112 View Post
Just clean flash the stock android version you like and start fresh.

Tho one point....if they both have a similar issue...it could very well be a bad app both devices have installed.

No answer beats this one hands down! Must have been different at some point with that Thanks Meter count. So, what's the question to google, "which same bad app is found on both my Nexus 7's?"

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by martusc View Post

No answer beats this one hands down! Must have been different at some point with that Thanks Meter count. So, what's the question to google, "which same bad app is found on both my Nexus 7's?"
Its called troubleshooting. Maybe a process of elimination. A simple way....find common apps....uninstall them all from both devices, see if it helps? There are literally 1000's of "bad apps". Sorry, I don't have a list of them all.

Where's your advice my friend? Or did you just jump in to be disrespectful?

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

Oh, and if you knew anything at all about android.....flashing a clean stock factory image is the absolute best way to determine if something is software or hardware related. Its probably the most suggested remedy on XDA for any device....when a tough to solve issue arises.

But, you're new.... you'll get it eventually.
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life? Any device welcome, even tho its an N5 thread. Please specify if on a device other than N5. Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips