Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,924 Members 45,361 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Easy way to Manual Recovery Mode

Tip us?

souleater11
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Default Easy way to Manual Recovery Mode

hello everyone,
Whats the easy way to manually go to Recovery Mode?

i tried vol up and power together but nothing shows up except a blinking color home button.

Do i need to press the home button?

Thanks

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA Free mobile app

luisoman2000
Old
Thanks Meter 147
Press vol up and power until the lg logo and the boot error message (that appears on top left corner) come up, release power button but keep holding vol up until cwm appears.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
Pantech Burst
Rooted and Gizmolord 3.0 (sold!)

Xperia Ion
Running Aoba_PureBlack_Ultimate Privacy(sold! Really miss it though)

Lg Optimus G(AT&T) (Sold 2 of em so far, expecting my 3rd)
Running EG8 Rom

Samsung Galaxy S
(loaner from a friend-retured)

BLU Dash 4.0 (JB 4.2 version)
Holding me off till i get my G pro. Loaned it to my bro while he fixes his S3

Lg optimus g Pro(finally!!)
Running Radeonmaya's Kitkat

souleater11
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
is possible to go to "stock recovery" if the phone is not rooted yet and no custorm recovery?

Note: My friends phone has a lot of files and he forgot the pin and its phone is crack and unresponsive screen.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA Free mobile app

blitzkriegger
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I have E988, and usually what i do to be able to get into recovery would be pressing both power and volume up button at the same time till the first LG logo appears and disappears. Then I release the power button, after which I do combinations of <2 down button presses then press the power button>, up until after the second LG logo appears and disappears, then recovery finally shows up. However I'm not sure about stock recovery though as i have cwm

souleater11
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzkriegger View Post
I have E988, and usually what i do to be able to get into recovery would be pressing both power and volume up button at the same time till the first LG logo appears and disappears. Then I release the power button, after which I do combinations of <2 down button presses then press the power button>, up until after the second LG logo appears and disappears, then recovery finally shows up. However I'm not sure about stock recovery though as i have cwm
Its kinda confusing. I tried your method but I only get a black screen and a blinking LED home button when I press the vol down and power together.