Easy way to Manual Recovery Mode

12th May 2014, 11:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31

545 posts
hello everyone,
Whats the easy way to manually go to Recovery Mode?

i tried vol up and power together but nothing shows up except a blinking color home button.

Do i need to press the home button?

Thanks

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA Free mobile app
13th May 2014, 01:05 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 173

885 posts
More
Press vol up and power until the lg logo and the boot error message (that appears on top left corner) come up, release power button but keep holding vol up until cwm appears.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
13th May 2014, 05:21 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

545 posts
is possible to go to "stock recovery" if the phone is not rooted yet and no custorm recovery?

Note: My friends phone has a lot of files and he forgot the pin and its phone is crack and unresponsive screen.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA Free mobile app
13th May 2014, 05:15 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 32

88 posts
I have E988, and usually what i do to be able to get into recovery would be pressing both power and volume up button at the same time till the first LG logo appears and disappears. Then I release the power button, after which I do combinations of <2 down button presses then press the power button>, up until after the second LG logo appears and disappears, then recovery finally shows up. However I'm not sure about stock recovery though as i have cwm
14th May 2014, 03:47 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

545 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzkriegger

I have E988, and usually what i do to be able to get into recovery would be pressing both power and volume up button at the same time till the first LG logo appears and disappears. Then I release the power button, after which I do combinations of <2 down button presses then press the power button>, up until after the second LG logo appears and disappears, then recovery finally shows up. However I'm not sure about stock recovery though as i have cwm

Its kinda confusing. I tried your method but I only get a black screen and a blinking LED home button when I press the vol down and power together.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread