Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,708 Members 52,833 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need some Tutorial for Geolocation

Tip us?

alexsc13
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Default [Q] Need some Tutorial for Geolocation

First of all, I am sorry if I am not allowed to post this here. I selected this is a question and got the popup that questions are not allowed here but only in Q&A threads but at the same time there are plenty of [Q] topics here and the mother thread says it is Coding Discussion, Q&A,.......

Now to my question, I am relative new to Android programming and just know some basics so far. I have an app that I want to make and for that I need to use geolocation. I searched on Google for Tutorials regarding this but all I found was from StackMob and their download links are not working anymore. If anyone could point me towards a working tutorial for geolocation I would appreciate it greatly. Thank you very much.

andras_k
Old
Thanks Meter 2
You should use the the Location Services API in the Google Play Services library. The official documentation provides an in-depth look and a step-by-step tutorial on how to retrieve the current location, search for "Retrieving the Current Location" on the official Android dev site, and check the first training. (sorry, I can't post links yet)
The Following User Says Thank You to andras_k For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
geolocation, tutorial