Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,220 Members 45,626 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

liquid smooth

Tip us?

Mike02z
Old
Thanks Meter 325
I tried the 5-6 version and no problem with 4g but Wi-Fi won't turn on. Messed with it for a while then restored Viper.
HTC One (M8)
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 P900
Microsoft Surface Pro 128

andybones
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8901

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike02z View Post
I tried the 5-6 version and no problem with 4g but Wi-Fi won't turn on. Messed with it for a while then restored Viper.
No WiFi or call audio = not worth running IMO
Team Ecliptic - Member/Co-Lead Developer

Motorola Droid > HTC Eris > HTC Incredible > HTC Incredible 2 > Galaxy Nexus > HTC Rezound > HTC Incredible 4G > Samsung Galaxy S3 > Samsung Galaxy S4 > HTC One M7 > HTC One M8

Buy me a beer.

mchief298
Old
Thanks Meter 72

DONATE TO ME
So far I can't find myself running any aosp. I truly appreciate the work that is done, but oddly enough, the broken features atm are the ones I use most.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium HD app
My philosophy is that if your "contribution" to the community has a giant DONATE button in the center of the page? It isn't worth the download.

Devices - Verizon
  • Galaxy S3 (Rooted, Unlocked) - Traded Up
  • Galaxy S4 MDK (Rooted, Unlocked) - Traded Up
  • Galaxy Note 3 (Rooted, Safestrap) - Traded for M7
  • HTC M7 (S-Off'd, Rooted, Unlocked) - Sold
  • Galaxy Note 3 (Rooted, Safestrap) - Sold
  • Galaxy S3 (Unrooted, Stock) - Edged Up
  • HTC M8 (S-Off'd, Rooted, Unlocked) - Current Device

Mike02z
Old
Thanks Meter 325
In fairness, I don't think the Liquid team wanted this released. Someone found a link to their test site and we all tried it. While it is not ready for Prime Time yet, I'm sure it will be great once they release it publicly.

I just want to try a near AOSP version that is fully functional (GPE is far from it at the moment). CM runs good but not pure AOSP. With xPosed, you can customize a base AOSP almost any way you want it. I use some features of the custom roms but not all that many. Being able to add the features I want to a solid base is my goal.
HTC One (M8)

andybones
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8901

DONATE TO ME
The CM11 nightly 5/6 which was pulled so should be up soon, but those who downloaded it before it was pulled confirm that the headphone issue is fixed, GPS now locks and is functional, MMS both sends and receives and WiFi works. The only bugs I can think of is speakerphone and maybe Bluetooth? Bluetooth could be fixed in 5/6 that was pulled I am not sure. But I would be plenty satisfied on that build once released. I am impressed with how well these builds are this early.
Team Ecliptic - Member/Co-Lead Developer

Motorola Droid > HTC Eris > HTC Incredible > HTC Incredible 2 > Galaxy Nexus > HTC Rezound > HTC Incredible 4G > Samsung Galaxy S3 > Samsung Galaxy S4 > HTC One M7 > HTC One M8

Buy me a beer.

krazie1
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4662
Quote:
Originally Posted by andybones View Post
The CM11 nightly 5/6 which was pulled so should be up soon, but those who downloaded it before it was pulled confirm that the headphone issue is fixed, GPS now locks and is functional, MMS both sends and receives and WiFi works. The only bugs I can think of is speakerphone and maybe Bluetooth? Bluetooth could be fixed in 5/6 that was pulled I am not sure. But I would be plenty satisfied on that build once released. I am impressed with how well these builds are this early.
I agree 100%, all we have to wait for now is a unofficial cm11 with the new theme chooser

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

electric turd
Old
Thanks Meter 56
I'm guessing this is similar to cyanogen, I tried that rom and spotty wifi and no gps. I dont think any aosp roms are ready for primetime yet.

jshap70
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I've heard of people running SlimKat on the liquid smooth kernel, anyone try that on that this device yet?

Mike02z
Old
Thanks Meter 325
Liquid may have fixed it, but they had a pretty serious bug that was causing disk encryption when hitting power and vol + when getting stuck in a system ui fc loop and trying to break out of if. I lost everything on my internal SD but others were able to get their data back.

I have been flashing test roms for years and never experienced something like that. Scared me off Liquid for now.
HTC One (M8)

trook
Old
Thanks Meter 133
I've been a liquid fan since the Droid 2. Once this rom gets going it's gonna be a bad mofo.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Mobile App
Hash for President