FORUMS

Intel & Micron Announce “Revolutionary” Storage Tech

Intel & Micron have announced 3D Xpoint technology—”the … more

Google Now Interfaces With Third-Party Messaging Apps

Google has announced that Ok Google voice commands can now be used to send … more

Make Your Lockscreen More Productive With Widgets

Are you running Android Lollipop? Do you miss the ability to add widgets to your lock … more

Moto X Style, Moto X Play and Moto G Forums Are Here!

The latest family members of the new generation of Motorola devices are … more

Forcing Sony App Updates

37 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By goon3r, Member on 14th May 2014, 04:01 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I have D6503 from Taiwan. I'm running the FW 17.1.A.2.69 and I'm trying to figure out why I don't get the option to update the Walkman or Album apps to the latest version. For example, my Album app is currently at 5.4.A.0.24 however a newer version 6.0.A.0.26 is already available (with the new layout). The Walkman app is stuck on version 5.x as well.

Is there something I can do to force the update ? What am I missing here.
 
 
14th May 2014, 04:25 AM |#2  
cr0wnest's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 111
 
More
Have you tried launching the Update Center app and search for updates?
14th May 2014, 04:29 AM |#3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 40
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by goon3r

I have D6503 from Taiwan. I'm running the FW 17.1.A.2.69 and I'm trying to figure out why I don't get the option to update the Walkman or Album apps to the latest version. For example, my Album app is currently at 5.4.A.0.24 however a newer version 6.0.A.0.26 is already available (with the new layout). The Walkman app is stuck on version 5.x as well.

Is there something I can do to force the update ? What am I missing here.

I had the same issue with my Z2, from Taiwan also. I was able to update the album app but I wouldn't see any updates for the walkman app. I was able to update the walkman app by downloading the appropriate apk though.
14th May 2014, 04:34 AM |#4  
OP Member
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr0wnest

Have you tried launching the Update Center app and search for updates?

Yes, several times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by napkun

I had the same issue with my Z2, from Taiwan also. I was able to update the album app but I wouldn't see any updates for the walkman app. I was able to update the walkman app by downloading the appropriate apk though.

Yes, I'm sure I can get the APKs easy enough I just don't get why I have to jump thru hoops for what should be an OTA app update. Can anyone shed some light on this ?

One thing I seem to remember is that when I first turned the phone on, I think there was a pending app update and a system update. The system update seemed to go thru first, the apps obviously did not complete.
14th May 2014, 06:09 AM |#5  
augie7107's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 230
 
More
I had the same issue TW device on 69. Waited two days for walkman update and ended up downloading apk. It was updating fine on 55.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
14th May 2014, 02:46 PM |#6  
OP Member
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Very interesting. So perhaps its something with this update. I think I'll post a thread on the Sony Mobile forums to hopefully put this on their radar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by augie7107

I had the same issue TW device on 69. Waited two days for walkman update and ended up downloading apk. It was updating fine on 55.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

14th May 2014, 03:41 PM |#7  
acheney1990's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Saint Stephen
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
In Canada I'm still on the .55 update and am not able to update using the ota update section in the settings, it says no update available. Is there anyway to update to the new firmware? I'm having a few bugs and was hoping this would fix it.

Sent From My Xperia Z2.
14th May 2014, 04:01 PM |#8  
raducanmihai's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Brașov
Thanks Meter: 31
 
More
I am on TW .69 firmware and I also don't have any updates for Album or Walkman. Album is on 5.4.A.0.24 and Walkman on 8.1.A.0.7.

What are the latest versions and where can I get them from?
Thank you.
Last edited by raducanmihai; 16th May 2014 at 07:15 AM.
14th May 2014, 05:13 PM |#9  
augie7107's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 230
 
More
Album 6.0.A.0.26
Walkman 8.3.A.0.5

Search, they are on XDA somewhere.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
15th May 2014, 03:49 AM |#10  
raducanmihai's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Brașov
Thanks Meter: 31
 
More
Found them. It's strange because on .55 one of the first things to update are the Album and Walkman but on .69 ... nothing.
I'm waiting for a UK .69 (or Central Europe)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes