Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,884 Members 52,491 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Chromecast wish list

Tip us?

revdirty
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Chromecast wish list

So I just got my cc a few days ago and am loving it.. Having sunk money into plexpass membership I'm happy with everything so far but there are 2 things I'd like to see added..
1) local PC gameplay casting. I tried casting the full desktop and playing a game in windowed mode and I could see the game but the frame rate was terrible. Surely if casting was buildt into something like open broadcast software or nvidias showplay . that would be ideal for spectator purposes as there are times my girlfriend likes to watch me play games but doesn't want to sit at the computer to do so. I know twitch is coming but It doesnt need it to be streamed out to twitch to be casted back into my house..

2) the ability to cast video from various sources ( hulu,Netflix and plex) but keep audio playing locally. Something akin to what the roku 3 does with their remote. But also adding a party mode example ( me and gf watch same show using our headphones plugged into our phones so we doesn't wake our children with loud movies.

I'm not sure if either features are coming but it would be awesome.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bhiga
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 845

DONATE TO ME
1) Non-Android twitch isn't coming unless Google does something miraculous.
Would be awesome to see Nvidia jump on board and support ShadowPlay casting to Chromecast though.

2) Chromecast's platform (I believe) is capable of Bluetooth, but I don't think it's turned on. It's possible Google will add it. The tricky part is just syncing the audio and video since the Bluetooth audio is delayed. Well, that and little things like whether all the code fits in the available storage, heh. The Roku remote with audio is a pretty darn cool feature. Since our phones/tablets are our remotes, it would be awesome to have the option for streaming audio there. We'll see...
Chromecast threads: FAQ - READ THIS FIRST! / Rootable Serial Numbers | Root Mini-FAQ | FlashCast flashing Mini-FAQ
BYO powered OTG cable | WiFi Bandwidth and Router considerations | Not all 1080p/720p is same
Search Tip: Google search terms site:forum.xda-developers.com for only XDA forum results. Example
Follow the rules / Use 'Search' before posting / Post in the correct sections / Do not spam the board / Press thanks, don't post 'Thanks'

sherdog16
Old
Thanks Meter 89
My number one is to be able to download my google purchases locally and stream them through my network because my internet connection sucks but my network can easily handle HD streams locally. This would keep me off the torrents for good...

greeg32
Old
Thanks Meter 128
Would kill for MLB at bat app to stream on chromecast. It crashes for me on two different phones using mhl cables... :-/

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Paqueo
Old
(Last edited by Paqueo; 26th March 2014 at 06:33 PM.) Reason: dupicated reply
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeg32 View Post
Would kill for MLB at bat app to stream on chromecast. It crashes for me on two different phones using mhl cables... :-/

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Good luck greg. I need it to see the Tigers....The cables ar about as reliable as an M16 in the mud.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

aburns7487
Old
Thanks Meter 199

DONATE TO ME
just a heads up, MLB At Bat 2014 now had chromecast support......just stumbled on it tonight, myself.
US Marine & OIF Veteran
Semper Fidelis

Devices:
Phone:Sprint Note 3 (N900p KK 4.4.2)
Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Note 12.2 LTE (Verizon P905V)