Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,629 Members 41,585 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung Captivate to Motorola Atrix 4g

Tip us?

jonlee83
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default [Q] Samsung Captivate to Motorola Atrix 4g

Hello Guys and Gals,

I have a problem. My father is going from Android 2.0 to Android 4.0.4. He has alot of notes he took on Memo and wants to transfer them to the new phone. I have backuped all his files on the sd card and external to his new phone but I am having trouble finding both the current app for Memo and the files that contain the notes. I have looked for the creator of the app but its no where to be found on the phone. I rooted his phone long time ago. Super user doesn't function anymore so I cant TB. Any ideas on how to get his notes working? If you need any other info, let me know.
HTC E\/o 4G >>>> Samsung Epic 4g Touch>>>>Samsung Galaxy S III
Phone is running like a CHAMP!

andresrivas
Old
Thanks Meter 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlee83 View Post
Hello Guys and Gals,

I have a problem. My father is going from Android 2.0 to Android 4.0.4. He has alot of notes he took on Memo and wants to transfer them to the new phone. I have backuped all his files on the sd card and external to his new phone but I am having trouble finding both the current app for Memo and the files that contain the notes. I have looked for the creator of the app but its no where to be found on the phone. I rooted his phone long time ago. Super user doesn't function anymore so I cant TB. Any ideas on how to get his notes working? If you need any other info, let me know.
So. Your father went from a captivate (galaxy s, I belive) to an atrix with ics?

What kind of app is Memo, does it came preinstalled or downloaded from playstore?

Usually, all the data files for an app are on /data/data/<appname>

You can download another superuser app from playstore (SuperSu I think was one).
Motorola Personal 501 -> Motorola StarTac -> Motorola v360 (1gb sd, iTunes, native, non-java apps) -> Motorola Rokr E2 (SDHC 8Gb, native apps, O.C., My own custom Rom, AWESOME PHONE) -> Motorola C115 (Custom Ringtones xD ) -> Motorola Milestone (A.K.A Droid) (Froyo, rooted, stolen :'( ) -> Motorola Atrix 4G (Blur ICS)

Yup. I've been a Motofan all my life so far...

jonlee83
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by andresrivas View Post
So. Your father went from a captivate (galaxy s, I belive) to an atrix with ics?

What kind of app is Memo, does it came preinstalled or downloaded from playstore?

Usually, all the data files for an app are on /data/data/<appname>

You can download another superuser app from playstore (SuperSu I think was one).
The memo app is the default one. I have already tried installing the different Super Users but they all don't work when I log into TB. I will have to look in that folder. I still need to find that app so I can restore his notes on the new phone.
HTC E\/o 4G >>>> Samsung Epic 4g Touch>>>>Samsung Galaxy S III
Phone is running like a CHAMP!

andresrivas
Old
Thanks Meter 343
Ok. Seems to me the only way is re rooting the device. The data dir isn't accesible without root. Then you should be able to use tb to transfer the app

Enviado desde mi MB860 usando Tapatalk 2
Motorola Personal 501 -> Motorola StarTac -> Motorola v360 (1gb sd, iTunes, native, non-java apps) -> Motorola Rokr E2 (SDHC 8Gb, native apps, O.C., My own custom Rom, AWESOME PHONE) -> Motorola C115 (Custom Ringtones xD ) -> Motorola Milestone (A.K.A Droid) (Froyo, rooted, stolen :'( ) -> Motorola Atrix 4G (Blur ICS)

Yup. I've been a Motofan all my life so far...