Unofficial Android 4.4 Lands on Three Mediatek Devices

For the last few years, devices with MTK systems-on-chip haven’t received much … more

MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Transparent statusbar on KitKat

OP wasz12345

10th May 2014, 11:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
More
Hi, I have Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 with official KitKat firmware, I have a friend and he have Galaxy S4 and I looked at is status bar and it's look nice and transparent, I really hope there is a way to do this to my Note.. the device is rooted!, I saw this and I really don't know nothing about how to compile and decompile apks, so I hope someone can help me do this or try to give my another way.. Thanks!. by the way sorry for my english I hope it's not so bad :P
11th May 2014, 05:45 PM   |  #2  
mezo91's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 93
 
959 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Are you using some kind of launcher with ur kitkat official firmware?
Use touchwiz as default launcher you will have the transparent status bar.
Report back.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk
12th May 2014, 07:39 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mezo91

Are you using some kind of launcher with ur kitkat official firmware?
Use touchwiz as default launcher you will have the transparent status bar.
Report back.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Yep, I sure, and you right the status bar is transparent but not in videos or games when you pull it down.. Thanks anyway!
13th May 2014, 11:55 AM   |  #4  
Irwenzhao's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 264
 
826 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasz12345

Yep, I sure, and you right the status bar is transparent but not in videos or games when you pull it down.. Thanks anyway!

It's supposed to be like that. Transparent status bar doesn't appear unless the developer implemented it into their app.

N7105 rocking AOSB with AGNi kernel,
Sent from a small country named Singapore.
Click "Thanks" if I was of any help!
13th May 2014, 01:36 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwenzhao

It's supposed to be like that. Transparent status bar doesn't appear unless the developer implemented it into their app.

N7105 rocking AOSB with AGNi kernel,
Sent from a small country named Singapore.
Click "Thanks" if I was of any help!

I know but I talking about Clash Of Clans, or the default video player, in the S4 it's transparent but in my note it's not..
14th May 2014, 06:48 AM   |  #6  
Irwenzhao's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 264
 
826 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasz12345

I know but I talking about Clash Of Clans, or the default video player, in the S4 it's transparent but in my note it's not..

The default video player may be coded different in the s4 firmware compared to the note. You can force it with a xposed module though...

N7105 rocking AOSB with AGNi kernel,
Sent from a small country named Singapore.
Click "Thanks" if I was of any help!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes