Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,749 Members 50,249 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

future of Micro-consoles?

Tip us?

AmigaWolf
Old
Thanks Meter 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by zektor View Post
Be quiet now.
You silly boy.
Huawei Honor 2 u9508 2GB

U9508_EMUI_2.0_V100R001CHNC00B804 with new Emotion UI 2.0.

"Poor man wanna be rich, rich man wanna be king, And a king ain't satisfied, till he rules everything"

zektor
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaWolf View Post
You silly boy.
http://www.amazon.com/M-O-J-O-Micro-...=mad+catz+mojo

dheku-00
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Lol @AmigaWolf keep it up, makes these boards lively.

I really like my mojo now that I've gotten over a few of the oddball differences from the Minix x5. Such as not supporting NTFS, not being able to choose audio output, power button etc. Power wise its really great. Its super fun to play a psx game while listening to podcasts and have it all be handled by the same system. Mojo could have put more work into customizing Android but they didn't. The Mojo to them was mainly an experiment that they wanted to try out with minimal monetary risk. And I think its done a pretty great job in getting more developers supporting devices without touch screens. Could be better but its much better now then it was 6 months ago. Bought my Mojo for $250 absolutely no regrets.

I agree with the sentiment of micro consoles having a pretty noticeable impact in about 3/5 years. The fact that Sony and Microsoft aren't scared isn't a sign that micro consoles will fail its just a sign that their not publicly interested in a the market. Nokia, Microsoft and Blackberry weren't scared of the iPhone and Apple wasn't scared of Android till about the Galaxy S1.

The tegra k1 is probably about as powerful in most of the important ways as an xbox360 but the shield 2 likely won't ever receive an original exclusive game as feature and graphically rich as Oblivion or Splinter Cell Conviction. The Android market just isn't ready to support multi million dollar budget premium games that need premium opening price tags. High quality single game mechanic experiences like Modern Combat or Real Racing yes. But not rich single player experiences with multiple gameplay systems and high quality graphics. Android will however get some more cool ports like Half Life 2, Portal, GTA 3 series etc. So I wouldn't be too surprised to see FFX or FFXII, Splinter Cell, Street Fighter IV or even Assassins Creed ports on the NVidia Shiled 2 or 3 generations.
The Following User Says Thank You to dheku-00 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]