Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,401 Members 44,693 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

advantages and disadvantages with LG G2

Tip us?

mmm286
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default advantages and disadvantages with LG G2

Hi,
I have a LG G2. But I'm not comfortable with LG G2 size. Is too big for me.
I would like to change to Xperia z1 compact because have FM radio (like G2) and is slightly smaller.
Before I build it I would like to know the advantages and disadvantages with these model.
Could you help me please?
Many thanks and sorry for my English!

Beso
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Xperia is very fast phone with very nice camera and size. Only problem I see is that sometimes it get a little hot About 40 C

Send from my Z1C using tapatalk

arsenalfan001
Old
Thanks Meter 7
When I went to purchase Z1 compact, I had two options, G2 and Z1C.

My opinions about them:

+ve for G2:
1. Very fast, the skin is faster and smoother than Z1C.
2. Awesome display.
3. Slightly better camera.
4. Nice battery backup
5. Development

+ve for Z1C:
1. Size (for me, its perfect)
2. 720p screen still adreno 330 - will last longer
3. Memory card slot
4. Water proofing
5. Price

Considering all this, I went for Z1C.
So far only thing that is bugging me is that there is no development for Z1C at all.

Hope it helps.

mmm286
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Thanks.
In my country is cheaper G2 than Z1Compact

xaa9002
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I actually owned the LG G2 and switched to the Z1 compact.

At first I actually wanted to return or send back the Z1c because I had got used to the bright and beautiful display of the LG G2. The Z1c did offer over the G2 the following:
1) Size: I could actually touch all points of the screen using one hand. Fit easily in my pocket with a case on. I'm a big guy, so the G2 fit well too but I never had a case on as the added bulk would have made it uncomfortable -- always bothered me that I didn't have a protective case.
2) The expandable memory: It's just great having my media files on the 128GB micro SD card I have in there.
3) The waterproof feature is awesome: I usually treat my phones well, but I also want it to be functional e.g. using it in the rain and not having to worry
4) This was the clincher for me; the camera: I know there are arguments that the G2 has a great camera, but I believe I had a bad unit and my shots were ALWAYS blurry in low light. I wanted to take fast shots with good quality. Granted the Z1c is not perfect, but it definitely was so much better!

So essentially you have to ask yourself what you want in a phone based on what you use it for. I use mine like a mini computer (hence android choice) and my main camera (I got the QX-10 with case attachment and I got amazing shots at the recent car show). The only thing I say I miss from the G2 is the IR blaster.. just a cool feature when you can't find the remote (or visiting friends and you want to control their appliances).
Ps. I got used to the Z1c screen after doing some white balance adjustments and not looking at the G2 screen anymore

Gaścho comedor
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalfan001 View Post
When I went to purchase Z1 compact, I had two options, G2 and Z1C.
So far only thing that is bugging me is that there is no development for Z1C at all.
WTF?

coolkoushik07
Old
Thanks Meter 191
What more development do u want? Dont make it an issue as you are not paying for these developments and better start developing urself..

Sent from my Xperia Z1 Compact (D5503)
Press thank if I helped you

Model: D5503 Xperia Z1 Compact, GT-I8552 Grand Quattro, GT-I9500 Galaxy S4(Returned to store after using 20 days)