Bricked my LG G2 D802, please someone help me, I have no idea what to do next.

Search This thread

prophice

Jan 21, 2012
Hello!

I have rooted my phone today. i wanted to install some rom but first I tried to install TWRP so I can back it up. I tried a few different methods and tools, but nothing worked. Eventually I followed this tutorial: http://www.android.gs/install-twrp-recovery-lg-g2/ (I don't know if I'm allowed to posts links here...) about 5 times because everytime I forgot something. It still didn't work so I just give up. I re-booted my phone and I noticed some error in upper left corner, along with LG logo. But I still could boot it if I keep pressing power button. After that, some update showed up (I don't know which... :/) so i installed it and re-booted. And then there was error "secure booting error boot certification verify" and nothing works. I tried every combinations possible but I still cant boot it. The only thing that shows up is that error and LG logo and then it goes black (but it's still on). When I connect it to my PC it creates 12 empty 'local disk' and one 63,9 mb local disk (with folder 'image' and files in it). I tried this already: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2582142 using VirtualBox + Unbuntu but i'm stuck at the beginning. When I type "ls /dev/sd*" it only shows me the first " /dev/sda /dev/sda1 /dev/sda2 /dev/sda5 " and nothing else...

I'm seriously pissed off at me right now, last time I bricked my phone 2 years ago and I promised myself not to ever play with any of this stuff and now I got my new phone and screw it up next day. Yeah I got it for one day and I screwed it up already.

I'm freaking out, can someone please help me?

fatcarrotcake

May 11, 2014
It might be you have sent the recovery Image to the wrong partition, in the mean time you will have to read what you have done, and maybe see if you selected something incorrectly, you may have to get another phone while you see if you can fix the broken one. I take it you have tried all boot options and no reset is available ?
I recently broke a working phone it is annoying, but you live and learn.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

Jank4AU

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 2, 2010
Alabama
Hello!

I have rooted my phone today. i wanted to install some rom but first I tried to install TWRP so I can back it up. I tried a few different methods and tools, but nothing worked. Eventually I followed this tutorial: http://www.android.gs/install-twrp-recovery-lg-g2/ (I don't know if I'm allowed to posts links here...) about 5 times because everytime I forgot something. It still didn't work so I just give up. I re-booted my phone and I noticed some error in upper left corner, along with LG logo. But I still could boot it if I keep pressing power button. After that, some update showed up (I don't know which... :/) so i installed it and re-booted. And then there was error "secure booting error boot certification verify" and nothing works. I tried every combinations possible but I still cant boot it. The only thing that shows up is that error and LG logo and then it goes black (but it's still on). When I connect it to my PC it creates 12 empty 'local disk' and one 63,9 mb local disk (with folder 'image' and files in it). I tried this already: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2582142 using VirtualBox + Unbuntu but i'm stuck at the beginning. When I type "ls /dev/sd*" it only shows me the first " /dev/sda /dev/sda1 /dev/sda2 /dev/sda5 " and nothing else...

I'm seriously pissed off at me right now, last time I bricked my phone 2 years ago and I promised myself not to ever play with any of this stuff and now I got my new phone and screw it up next day. Yeah I got it for one day and I screwed it up already.

I'm freaking out, can someone please help me?

Will your phone enter download mode? While it's fully powered down, hold the volume down and plug in a usb cable that's plugged into your pc. If you can get there, you're OK, there are options.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
After you do the dvb and it gives out 5 partitions, have you tried typing the name of the largest which would be 5 and seeing what happens

Sent from LG-G2 D800 on AEONFLEX 4.4.2

prophice

Jan 21, 2012
It might be you have sent the recovery Image to the wrong partition, in the mean time you will have to read what you have done, and maybe see if you selected something incorrectly, you may have to get another phone while you see if you can fix the broken one. I take it you have tried all boot options and no reset is available ?
I recently broke a working phone it is annoying, but you live and learn.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app
One thing that comes to my mind is that maybe the recovery image is not comptabilite with my phone. I know that when I tried to install TWRP with TWRP Manager it gave me an error when I chose g2d802 in device name so I didn't do it. The first link (tutorial I used) I posted, I used "openrecovery-twrp-2.7.0.0-d802" but I'm 99% it's the right one for my phone?

Will your phone enter download mode? While it's fully powered down, hold the volume down and plug in a usb cable that's plugged into your pc. If you can get there, you're OK, there are options.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
Unfortunately it doesn't enter download mode...

After you do the dvb and it gives out 5 partitions, have you tried typing the name of the largest which would be 5 and seeing what happens

You mean that "/dev/sda /dev/sda1 /dev/sda2 /dev/sda5" thing? I did that but it doesn't do nothing.

bender_007

Dec 6, 2010
Zagreb
Google Pixel 4
PLEASE can someone else reply? I seriously don't know what to do.

Try this method

Then boot from the usb stick(don't install ubuntu..just boot)

open terminal

copy and paste this - line by line (enter)

gconftool-2 --type bool --set /apps/nautilus/preferences/media_automount False

gconftool-2 --type bool --set /apps/nautilus/preferences/media_automount_open False

Then follow the instructions

prophice

Jan 21, 2012
Try this method

open terminal

gconftool-2 --type bool --set /apps/nautilus/preferences/media_automount_open False

I used that tutorial and Im in ubuntu atm, but i dont think it is detecting my lg at all. When using -ls /dev/sd*- its now showing -/dev/sda /dev/sda1 /dev/sda2 /dev/sdb /dev/sdb1- And when using -gdisk -l /dev/sdb- it gives me

ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo gdisk -l /dev/sdb
GPT fdisk (gdisk) version 0.8.5

Partition table scan:
MBR: MBR only
BSD: not present
APM: not present
GPT: not present

Found invalid GPT and valid MBR; converting MBR to GPT format.

Warning! Secondary partition table overlaps the last partition by
33 blocks!
You will need to delete this partition or resize it in another utility.
Disk /dev/sdb: 15630336 sectors, 7.5 GiB
Logical sector size: 512 bytes
Disk identifier (GUID): AB4CD8FE-B964-4DCD-8AF2-43C5051BC71D
Partition table holds up to 128 entries
First usable sector is 34, last usable sector is 15630302
Partitions will be aligned on 2048-sector boundaries
Total free space is 2014 sectors (1007.0 KiB)

Number Start (sector) End (sector) Size Code Name
1 2048 15630335 7.5 GiB 0700 Microsoft basic data

and

ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo gdisk -l /dev/sdb1
GPT fdisk (gdisk) version 0.8.5

Partition table scan:
MBR: MBR only
BSD: not present
APM: not present
GPT: not present

Found invalid GPT and valid MBR; converting MBR to GPT format.

Exact type match not found for type code F400; assigning type code for
'Linux filesystem'
Exact type match not found for type code 1000; assigning type code for
'Linux filesystem'
Exact type match not found for type code 7400; assigning type code for
'Linux filesystem'

Warning! Secondary partition table overlaps the last partition by
3454418421 blocks!
You will need to delete this partition or resize it in another utility.
Disk /dev/sdb1: 15628288 sectors, 7.5 GiB
Logical sector size: 512 bytes
Disk identifier (GUID): A3BCA950-18FB-4E37-9B41-0F662D454416
Partition table holds up to 128 entries
First usable sector is 34, last usable sector is 15628254
Partitions will be aligned on 1-sector boundaries
Total free space is 15628221 sectors (7.5 GiB)

Number Start (sector) End (sector) Size Code Name
1 3223366752 3470046675 117.6 GiB 8300 Linux filesystem
2 378192737 710426324 158.4 GiB 8300 Linux filesystem
3 225603442 225603451 5.0 KiB 8300 Linux filesystem

And also now when conected lg the ecran is flashing between black and very black,
And I used the lines you gave me obviously but I dont think it did anything,

Last edited:

prophice

Jan 21, 2012
OK it works!!!! I guess all I had to do is get some sleep and think fresh. =) Now that I'm in TWRP i'd like to install a rom, Am I safe to do it? I was thinking about Pardus HD but I have 2 questions.
1. I'm in TWRP but the computer doesn't detect my phone, how i am supposed to copy PardusHDC_7.1.zip to my phone?
2. it says "Upgrade your Recovery to TWRP 2.7.0.0 or Latest Philz Recovery" in installation guide, I have v2.6.3.2, will that make any difference?

prophice

Jan 21, 2012
Ok I got it but before I start installing Id still like to know if im safe to do it with my current TWRP version?

prophice

Jan 21, 2012
It didn't work on v2.6.3.2 but it did on v2.7 and oh god I flashed that rom and it works!!!!! This is awesome, I don't know how I can thank you for all that help!!

martindar

Sep 10, 2012
plymouth,devon uk
please now make a backup and put it somewhere ie pc,usb stick,meenova safe, im glad you got it sorted and i know exactly how you felt as ive been in that situation a few times!!

Reactions: Jank4AU
Oct 2, 2015
Please help dude....

OK it works!!!! I guess all I had to do is get some sleep and think fresh. =) Now that I'm in TWRP i'd like to install a rom, Am I safe to do it? I was thinking about Pardus HD but I have 2 questions.
1. I'm in TWRP but the computer doesn't detect my phone, how i am supposed to copy PardusHDC_7.1.zip to my phone?
2. it says "Upgrade your Recovery to TWRP 2.7.0.0 or Latest Philz Recovery" in installation guide, I have v2.6.3.2, will that make any difference?

Hi, I am facing the exact same issue as you described. I am using a LG G2 D802 international version. I did everything I could find on the internet. Could you please help me by telling how you got it working?? I am using a bootable USB of ubuntu and lsusb is showing my phone as Qualcomm 9006 but when I type ls /dev/sd* it is not giving me the device due to which I could not push the partition files. Please dude help me it has been 5 days since I am trying. You can PM me on my email devanuj.singh@gmail.com

Thanks in advance :)

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

Try this method

open terminal

Hi,

I saw your reply on the post which is related to the same issue I am facing since last 5 sleepless nights :( . I have a LG G2 D802 international variant and it had kitkat 4.4.2 earlier which I have successfully rooted. I recently received an OTA which I clicked to update [worst day of my life :( ] after that my phone is stuck in boot loop and rest you know. I trying to use ubuntu to push the partition files and recovery, but my phone is not detectable in ubuntu. lsusb is showing my phone as Qualcomm 9006 but when I type ls /dev/sd* it is not showing my phone. I saw your method in the quote and tried this also but it is still not working :( . Could you please let me know how can I solve this? Also by using the commands above does the phone needs to be connected or not ?? Please help me :( . You can PM me on devanuj.singh@gmail.com.

Thanks is advance :)

bender_007

Dec 6, 2010
Zagreb
Google Pixel 4
Hello, i suggest to download vmware and slax ISO and run slax inside vmware. Then try the instructions. I can assist you but on monday :(, sorry

Poslano sa mog LG-D855 koristeći Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PLEASE can someone else reply? I seriously don't know what to do.

Try this method

open terminal

Any messages popping up?

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Adb push pardushdc...zip /sdcard/pardus.zip

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Ok I got it but before I start installing Id still like to know if im safe to do it with my current TWRP version?

I think you need to update recovery or else install will just fail because of outdated files

please now make a backup and put it somewhere ie pc,usb stick,meenova safe, im glad you got it sorted and i know exactly how you felt as ive been in that situation a few times!!