Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,834 Members 50,431 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help setting up passive bluetooth connection

Tip us?

the converted
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Help setting up passive bluetooth connection

Hi guys.

Not sure if this is the right forum to ask this question in, so if I have it wrong I apologize. So as the title suggests, I need help to get my Samsung Note 3 to passively connect to a HC-05 bluetooth module (tried putting a link to the product manual, but I don't have enough posts to do it yet. My apologies if you need to Google it).

My goal to to have the phone passively connect to the HC-05 in the same manner it would to devices such as bluetooth car kits, headsets and so forth, i.e. to automatically build a connection with the module whenever it is in range. It doesn't have to do anything other than simply connect. At a later stage I will work on sending commands to the module, but for today I just need to sort out this auto-connect problem.

I've tried setting the module to master mode and then binding the module to the BT address of the Note, with the hope the module would actively search for the note and connect to it whenever the note came within range. That approach however that didn't work, and I have again set the module back to slave mode and have been forced to use BlueTerm to build the connection. This has me now believing the connection must be built from the Note, and the module has to be the slave to it, as when I use BlueTerm it works flawlessly every time.

Surely somebody out there can point me in the right direction to accomplish my goal.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

the converted
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So in the entire XDA brains trust, there's nobody with any idea how this can be done?

the converted
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Still nobody has any ideas?

the converted
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Still nothing? Really!???